Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lump

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My dealer is now carrying only "Natures Own" lump. We have been using since August. it is all maple and has a slightly different taste than BGE lump. No problems until last week when I did two 7lb. butts. It seems this charcoal must burn faster than the BGE brand since I ran out at about 15 hours.
Has anyone else run into this problem?
Can I fill the EGG to the top of the Fire ring if I'm cooking indirect?[p]Thanks
Big Cat

Comments

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Big Cat,[p]I've been using Nature's Own also and am quite satisfied with it. Don't be afraid to fill up to the bottom of the firering for most cooks. This will buy you at least 24 hours of low and slow.[p]K~G

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Big Cat,[p]Not a problem at all to fill the thing to the brim. I always do that for my low and slows. I've gotten 31 hours out of a full firebox on my medium and cooked some chicken breasts after I took off the brisket. Jam 'er full, you'll have no problem finishing even the most stubborn brisket.[p]Troy
  • Big Cat,[p]Yeah, I think it does burn a bit fast, but I cooked for 24 hours with it. I filled it past the fire box.[p]