Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Bean Pots for Baked Beans

CT GrillguyCT Grillguy Posts: 149
edited 5:04PM in EggHead Forum
Read the thread "Father's Day Beans" below and saw the link for Bean Pots. Is it safe to use these Pots directly on the Egg or do you need to use a place setter or protect them with foil? They look great and I'm planing on getting one.[p]I've seen a few recipes for Baked Beans in the recipe's section, any others out there that are noteworthy?[p]
[ul][li]Bean Pots[/ul]

• CT Grillguy, I would use these clay pots indirect for two reasons. They might crack from uneven heating and the beans would likely burn in the bottom with direct heat.[p]Bill

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,654
    CT Grillguy,
    ive been using them for years in the egg. 250-275 on a platesetter or bricks work fine. some of the pots i have must be 50 years old, but those newer ones work just as well. beans, chilis, soups

• GretlGretl Posts: 670
    CT Grillguy,
    I always use either the platesetter or the BGE ceramic dish under my bean pot in the Egg. If you don't, the bottom will burn. HTH.