Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT threads buffaloed...

caliking
caliking Posts: 18,727
My pool motor thread is sinking. That sucks. This forum is a great resource for all kinds of things BGE and nonBGE, but apparently that doesn't sit well with the mods.

Oh well. @saluki2007  - your lawn mower thread may be next. 

Hey LS - which end of the motor do I whack with the 2x4?? 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments

• caliking
    here's the thread if anyone has any advice to offer :smiley: 

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1193361/ot-pool-motor-problems#latest

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    Agreed.. My Rat thread is going to the dogs.. But luckily I got all the great info that I needed..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • caliking said:

I just filed a claim with my home warranty company.  They are great.  It has paid for a new sand filter, a heater, a hot tub pump/motor and this will be my second or third pump and motor that will be replaced.  Well worth the money for the policy.   
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    I've noticed a post I made totally disappeared.  Guess they didn't find it quite as funny as I did.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Not much tolerance for OT posts these days. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Not much tolerance for OT posts these days. 
    Agree. A few nights back I posted a thread asking about smart phones and it was buffaloed in under a hour. There was no kind of politics, coolers, gayness, or anything of that nature brought up. Yet the buffalo struck hard and fast. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    edited March 2016
    caliking said:

I just filed a claim with my home warranty company.  They are great.  It has paid for a new sand filter, a heater, a hot tub pump/motor and this will be my second or third pump and motor that will be replaced.  Well worth the money for the policy.   

I also have a home warranty. Has a small service call fee. Added the pool so all that gear is covered. Have used it many times and only once had issues. Seems most A/C contractors on the Home warranty's Approved List don't have a clue about R410A (Puron).

But they did authorized me to prepay and reimbursed me in full for it!

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,662
    i dont know, back yard grills,outdoor kitchens, grass(i hate the smell of cut grass) and pools,  non of that is off topic for a backyard griller. most everyone here likes good looking well trimmed yards with pools and bge's, im not one of them =) but that sort of thing sells eggs. my yards not selling any eggs
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    I'm still trying to figure out the lines between survival, sunk and buffaloed in order of severity.  However, the trip-wire sensitivity has been dialed up for sure.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    Hotch said:
    caliking said:

I also have a home warranty. Has a small service call fee. Added the pool so all that gear is covered. Have used it many times and only once had issues. Seems most A/C contractors on the Home warranty's Approved List don't have a clue about R410A (Puron).

But they did authorized me to prepay and reimbursed me in full for it!

I had a home warranty for a year or 2,then canceled because it was expensive and I wasn't really getting my money's worth. may be I should think again about getting one.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    I guess they are done meeting.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    This was in our local rag this morning... It might shed some light on what's happening..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    @caliking - I guess if you had posted on cleaning your pool tile your post would still be on the first page (no offense to that poster).  But other OT threads like your pool motor thread sink rapidly.  I am not sure what is happening but certainly your thread moved down very quickly despite lots of comments.
    New Orleans LA
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    And yet somehow my trailer smoker thread remains.... 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    And yet somehow my trailer smoker thread remains.... 
    For now. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    The end opposite the shaft. Try not to hit the fan housing. You'll feel better when you have to buy a new one.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Why is there an "off topic" section of the forum?  If threads that are posted there get buffaloed, what is the point of having it in the first place?
    Good question.  I guess I can understand political threads being buffalo'd, but pool motors??  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Botch said:
    Why is there an "off topic" section of the forum?  If threads that are posted there get buffaloed, what is the point of having it in the first place?
    Good question.  I guess I can understand political threads being buffalo'd, but pool motors??  
    I hear there is great controversy when it comes to pool motors...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • FlashkaBob
    FlashkaBob Posts: 373
    The best pool motors are made in Canada!

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    The best pool motors are made in Canada!
    Communist!!!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    caliking said:

I never seem to come out ahead on insurance, the deductibles are always too high.
  • caliking
    DMW said:
    Botch said:
    I hear there is great controversy when it comes to pool motors...
    Dude, unbeknownst to many, their election year is a circus. Hayward doesn't know if he will get the necessary number of delegates to clinch the nomination, and Pent-Air has been rocked by a scandal regarding use of "unofficial" skimmer socks. meanwhile the DE filters are keeping mum about who they are going to endorse. It's madness, i tell ya!

• caliking

The end opposite the shaft. Try not to hit the fan housing. You'll feel better when you have to buy a new one.
    OK - so whack the dry end of the motor. I'll see what that does for me.

With any luck Mail Canada,  or whatever you call it, will lose that bloody invoice :)

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    @Caliking welp I just got the buffalo.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,865
    I really don't get it.  It was posted under "Off Topic" and had an OT in the title.  It was about lawn mowers.

WTF?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • caliking
    You had a good run though :) 

There's a wealth of info that can be pooled from forum members, regarding just about anything under the sun. Its why I'm on this forum the most. What a waste to not encourage members to share all that info... and keep the forum page hits up.

I'm waiting for the great irony of the thread on OT threads getting buffaloed, to be buffaloed.

I guess the process could be expedited by posting pics of carved hams that look like vaginas.

Ready... set... GO!