Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Help !! New Cast Dutch Oven - Clean?

KyleKyle Posts: 156
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just finished seasoning (first run) my new father's day Dutch Oven.[p]It has a slight residue of oil left on it. Should it just be wiped with paper towels, washed with hot water, or what?[p]It is my plan to repeat the seasoning step another time or two.[p]I am envisioning a big pot of barbecued beans in the near future. After the cook, should it just be washed with hot water or should dish wash liquid be used as well[p]After it has been washed, is it necessary to season it again?[p]I am looking forward to using it and think it will add to the BGE fun.[p]If you know ANYTHING about cast iron cook ware you know more than I do. (smile)[p]Any comments will be appreciated. [p]

Comments