Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Deer/Fish/BGE Table?

Options
When I 1st got my 1st BGE, I cooked w/ it out of a table or nest.  I finally went all out and did this : http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/910180/from-tree-to-table/p1   Well, I am at another turmoil of my BGE Life (hey, do they make a sticker that says that?).  I recently bought a SS table w/ some type of cutting board type top and a great bakers rack.  It is a little over a foot longer then my BGE table now.  It would be better then the current table due to me having a MM next to my large now and it doesn't leave alot of room fer food prep on the current one!  Not to mention the bakers rack could handle all kinds of junk and maybe making some lights to hang too?  It's an awesome table but the sentimental value of my other one is strong!  I put it on a local forum for sale so maybe someone will buy it and save me the grief---bu then again I may sell it and regret it!!!  Ahhhhhh it's hard!  What do ya'll think???  Also do any of ya'll have a clue what the top may be made out of?  It looks like wood but it is HEAVY (probably about 80 lbs).  I tried looking up the sticker info but can't find anything....

Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Maybe a composite?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    Maybe a composite?

I almost took a small hand sander to it but would hate to screw anything up on it!  I figured someone on here may be a little more knowledgeable about this then me....
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Very cool table. I'm probably in the minority, but I like the idea of egg in a nest and being able to use the full surface of a table.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Is that table top an insert that drops in?  Did you check the other side of it for any clues?
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    Legume said:
    Is that table top an insert that drops in?  Did you check the other side of it for any clues?

Yeah, it pops up and that picture of the sticker was what was underneath.  I did a google picture search and nothing.  I went to a website that discussed butcherblock tops and they were all small piece glued together like most butcher blocks.  This one looks and feels solid.  There is a scrape that looks alot tanner underneath but still looks solid so some kind of composite I assume.