Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Wacky Weather

Options
it has been an unusually warm, dry winter in south-central Kansas. Next to no precipitation of any kind so far this year. Awoke this Easter morning to about an inch of snow. Go figure!
Large (sometimes wish it were an XL) in KS

Comments

• Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Options
    We had a late start to winter in northern Ontario and it's still hanging on now, 6 inches of snow on thursday just to top it off.
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    What is winter?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    What is winter?
    6 months of no mosquitos.
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    A tourist once asked a local in Buffalo what they do during summer.  His reply was:  "Well, if it comes on a weekend we pack a basket and have a picnic!"
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    To the north east a smidge in KC it has been a little warmer but we have had some extremely cold days. A lot of rain lately too with some snow.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Sammi said:
    Chubbs said:
    What is winter?
    6 months of no mosquitos.
    You can spray for mosquitos but haven't seen one yet for bitter cold and snow :)
    Greensboro, NC
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I could never live up North even in NC/SC.  I constantly complain about the winter on the Coast in Mississippi. If/When I do ever move... I'm going somewhere full on tropical or mediterranean. Give me bugs over winter all year long! There are really only 3 places in North America I would consider. Hawaii, South Florida, Southern California.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • itsmce
    itsmce Posts: 410
    Options
    Well, what looks like an inch from inside the house, when it's still dark, turned out to be 3". 
    Shouldnt slow me down too much. 
    Large (sometimes wish it were an XL) in KS