Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"I Hate rap...but" music you like

Options
124»

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options

This one is wrong. 

Axe me how i no
    I've always heard life is like a sh!t sandwich.  The more bread you got, the less sh!t you gotta eat.
    Flint, Michigan
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    beasty boyz are from my town. Their dad too, a playright

jewish and nebbishy. 

yep. Obviously inspired by the devil

The devil is in the details.  Details I know you don't believe in. Many jewish friends.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    I ain't jewish (or gay or transgender or rich or poor or black or brown or white)

not that there's anything wrong with that (unless you think there is)
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I ain't jewish (or gay or transgender or rich or poor or black or brown or white)

Good to know your just another human, like the rest of us.  Nothing wrong with any human no matter their confusion or identification, so long as it isn't Nazi.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    henapple said:

The wife and I
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Good lord people.  

Public Enemy
    Too Short
    DJ Quik
    2 Pac
    Tribe Called Quest
    Eric B. and Rakim
    EPMD
    Big Daddy Kane
    Wu-Tang
    O.D.B. (RIP)
    Biggie
    Jay Z

You're selling yourselves short if as a lover of music you haven't listened/enjoyed these sounds and lyrics. 
    I guess it's generational, but I'm 41 and having N.W.A., 2Live and others dropped on me in Junior High was very impressionable. 
    + black sheep, de la soul, and I'm there.  Okay, even cypress hill.  RIP  Phife Dawg. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Good to know your just another human, like the rest of us.  Nothing wrong with any human no matter their confusion or identification, so long as it isn't Nazi.
    You forgot about ISIS, Qaeda, and Boko Haram @bgebrent
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Good point, @DoubleDerrrrrp, now the list is complete.
    Options
    Good point, @DoubleDerrrrrp, now the list is complete.
    I forgot about Hillary supporter. The list is now complete. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @DoubleDuhhh I'm not a Hillary supporter.   I'm just going to vote the the least terrible candidate.
    Options
    BTW - are you and Fred brothers?  Just wondering.  You seem to think alike.
    Options
    @DoubleDuhhh I'm not a Hillary supporter.   I'm just going to vote the the least terrible candidate.
    @nolaturdhead Did I once mention anywhere that I thought you were a Hillary supporter? Everything isn't about you. 
  • Eggzellent
    Eggzellent Posts: 238
    edited March 2016
    Options

jewish and nebbishy. 

I have no idea how far down the road above 'boyz' went in advocating for the destruction of traditional parental moral authority while mimicking even worse actors/behavior simply to make big bucks. Anything else rarely sells in that category of (cough) 'music',

Is the above business model in general always inspired by the devil himself no matter the degree?

You betcha. 

• Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I am a great lover of music, but rap isn't one of them. Heck, my great uncle was one of the founding members and song writers of Les Brown and the Band of Renown. Family get togethers were amazing with musicians and sing alongs. When they came off the road, they frequently landed at my great aunt's house. Different strokes for different folks. Great memories.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,047
    edited March 2016
    Options

jewish and nebbishy. 

I have no idea how far down the road above 'boyz' went in advocating for the destruction of traditional parental moral authority while mimicking even worse actors/behavior simply to make big bucks. Anything else rarely sells in that category of (cough) 'music',

Is the above business model in general always inspired by the devil himself no matter the degree?

You betcha. 

Inspired by the devil?  Is everything bad inspired by the devil?  How does free will and all that play into this.

Everything good is inspired by God and bad inspired by the devil?  Who decides what is bad and what is good?  I think lots of bad things have been done in Gods name.

Why doesn't God destroy the devil?   If He is omniscient then why bother with the testing?  He knows the outcome.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    There are literally thousands of religions, everyone believing theirs is the only true religion, true god with unique ideas of good and evil. 

So not surprising someone is going to connect their amateur music history theory with their world view of good and evil.
    Options
    http://elitedaily.com/music/music-news/the-20-most-misogynist-lines-in-rap-history/

Rap music has such a great message.... Money and bitches yo boo. Devil's music, no... Raising youth correctly, he'll no. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    You really can make similar arguments with just about any music genre.  Your hatred of (whatever - rap in this case) music is a case in which you take a stereotype of the genre, comment on it, find the extreme cases through the interwebs, then apply it as a prosaism for a genre that is, in reality, an ethnic related, and African originated (historically), beat and prose structure that has been emulated by everything from jews in Boston (Beastie Boys) and crossover songs from artists like Kid Rock. 

Sure, much of the lyrical messages are misogynistic and about male pumpitude.  Same old story going back and continued today in demagoguery politics and religion.  

Seems like an SMS thread I was recently on was filled with the same messages and sounded like a forum for white power supremacist a-holes.  Yet I don't hate ALL white people or Christians because some (many) exhibit the antithesis of the thoughts of the very religious doctrine they trumpet (esp some savior that is revered), loudly, as a platform that gives them credence and satisfies their unfilled needs compensating their daily misery - hating their jobs and whatever and/or whoever. 

Ironically, the trained response to any pointing out of this is to be flooded with 3rd grade level meme aimed at the 35% of a certain group that is prone to believing conspiracy theories and is devoid of any substance. 

Then, the group accuses another group of "intolerance" because second group does not want proto-fascist garbage filling up phone. 

I suppose I could follow the hate-pattern exhibited here with rap and say I don't like country music.  But there is a lot of that genre that I really like, and I may say it jokingly, but not with the acrimony that I read on this thread.  

I'm not perfect, but I try to have empathy for others.  Hope that explains something.  

Options
    Here are 39 pages of songs that you love

http://misogynisticlyricsthatarentrap.tumblr.com/

Options
    Seems like an SMS thread I was recently on was filled with the same messages and sounded like a forum for white power supremacist a-holes.  

Man that sounds like a real bad thread.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I'm not perfect, but I try to have empathy for others. 

Somebody as intolerant as you is empathetic to others???  Perhaps if they agree with you that might be true.  Otherwise?  Hahahahahahahahaha!

Flint, Michigan
  • E-ville Egg
    E-ville Egg Posts: 100
    Options
    I'm not a fan of most main stream rap. I'm a fan of good lyricists. Recently I've been listening to Lyics Born, Blackalicious, MF Doom, Aesop Rock, Wu-Tang, Tribe Called Quest, and a bunch of others. 
  • Eggzellent
    Eggzellent Posts: 238
    Options
    Sure, much of the lyrical messages are misogynistic and about male pumpitude.  Same old story going back and continued today in demagoguery politics and religion..Yet I don't hate ALL white people or Christians because some (many) exhibit the antithesis of the thoughts of the very religious doctrine they trumpet (esp some savior that is revered), loudly, as a platform that gives them credence and satisfies their unfilled needs compensating their daily misery - hating their jobs and whatever and/or whoever.."

Every Christian on here hopes and prays that the true meaning of Easter brings everything that this day offers to you, yours and all of mankind.  
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Yet I don't hate ALL white people or Christians because some (many) exhibit the antithesis of the thoughts of the very religious doctrine they trumpet (esp some savior that is revered), loudly, as a platform that gives them credence and satisfies their unfilled needs compensating their daily misery - hating their jobs and whatever and/or whoever.  

And I also don't hate all liberals because some (many) are condescending in their supposed wisdom and lack of tolerance. Creating names for people that have "phobias". Being ready to rip someone for believing in something they don't, ridiculing and belittling but butthurt when someone, in jest, makes fun of them. 
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    this was originally about music...i think.
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I'm not perfect, but I try to have empathy for others. 

Somebody as intolerant as you is empathetic to others???  Perhaps if they agree with you that might be true.  Otherwise?  Hahahahahahahahaha!

Jesus Christ, Fred.  You're the energizer bunny today.

Options
    I like all music. However the best live show put on in history is that of one put on by TOOL. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I like all music. However the best live show put on in history is that of one put on by TOOL. 
    Believe it or not, Shinedown puts on a great show.  Thirty Seconds to Mars is really good too.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I prefer hand made music.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA