Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egg

Options
Gooba
Gooba Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been to your site for the past few weeks and I was finally convinced to get an Egg.My wife and I just brought it home,and assembled it.I got the large egg,nest,and auto locking band for 579.I think I did alright on the main components.I picked up the dome thermometer as well as the electronic one,and the daisy wheel.I guess now I need to find some fire bricks and the extra grates.I take it that you put the firebricks on the cooking grate and your extra cooking grate on the firebricks,with the drip pan under it.I take it I should be looking for the Weber 18 1/2 in grate.Maybe 3 to make the double stack also.I am open to any and all suggestions.

Comments

• MrsSpin
    Options
    Gooba,
    Welcome to the Egg family. I think any questions you may have will be answered here. This forum is dedicated to good food, and exchanging cooking techiques. There are many great cooks here with experiences that most of us dream about. I believe you and your family will have many great meals yet to enjoy. Again, welcome. Fill out the profile so we know something about you and your family. Take care and enjoy. Mrs.Spin

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    View?u=1386188&a=10342960&p=35579530
    <p />Gooba, Welcome to the wonderful world of egging. I justed joined back in June and it has been nothing but sensational. Gfw and Tim M have great websites for recipes and tips. Good luck.[p]CWM

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    Gooba,
    Welcome to the family! You are about to experience cooking like never before. You'll probably fall in love with a ceramic monster too! If your neighbors & family give you funny looks, give 'em funny looks right back! They don't know what you're in store for!
    You've got a good start on the accessories. Look at gfw's web site or Tim M's web site for clarification on how to set things up using the fire bricks. One picture, is worth way more than a thousand words...and a a whole lot clearer! Mrs Spin said it better than anyone else, there are a lot of great cooks lingering here! They will help you get up and running on the right foot![p]Once again, welcome to the family and prepare to enjoy your self![p]
    Dr. Chicken

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    Mrs.Spin,[p] Hi Sue:[p]Gooba, you have just bought your family, one great Christmas present. You will be cooking up a storm in no time & will be able to help answer questions for other new Egg owners sooner than you think.
    Enjoy it.[p]Earl

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Dang CWM.
    Couldn't help but jump in here. That is one gorgeous chunk o'land in the background of the subject (humpty). I won't even try to guess how much of it is yours, but I'll take that view from my deck any day. Aint America something![p]Have a great monay.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Nature Boy, Thank you! To the right of the picture you will see a fence. We go to there and then about 200 yards past the back tree line. Every animal in Missouri lives out there and yes my wife feeds the all. We had a 10 point buck this year.[p]CWM

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Dr. Chicken, got your e-mail. Thanks and I'm trying Christmas Eve. [p]CWM