Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MM Carry-On

Options
Has anyone ever tried to carry their MM on a plane?
A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Sure. I've stored mine in the overhead compartment several times. Just take the top off and get your wife to store the other half. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Sure. I've stored mine in the overhead compartment several times. Just take the top off and get your wife to store the other half. 
    How do you use it during the flght?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    How do you use it during the flght?
    Can't. FAA took my map torch. Damn terrorists. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Seen this pic before.  Frank's not been active in the last 5 yrs or so - anyone heard from him?   seems like a cool guy.
    Phoenix 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    blasting said:
    Jeremiah said:

@Jeremiah

Had to read this twice.  Thought the wife taking her top off was a distraction technique.

On west coast this week. Laughing my @ss off at this one. Needed that.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    TSA Agent:  "what the hell is that green egg-lookin' thing?"
    You: "That's a BGE, it's the bomb, man."

Options
    blasting said:

Seen this pic before.  Frank's not been active in the last 5 yrs or so - anyone heard from him?   seems like a cool guy.
    Frank hangs on the old forum. Living in Corpus Christi.  This was the first year he missed the Salado Egg Fest. A real great guy. One of the classic photos of the forum. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Jeremiah
    Options
    @Mickey you mean, he did, hang out on the old forum. Looks like it's still down. I kinda figured we'd get an influx of old members, but haven't really noticed it. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    @Mickey you mean, he did, hang out on the old forum. Looks like it's still down. I kinda figured we'd get an influx of old members, but haven't really noticed it. 
    The old forum was up just a few days ago then down. For the past 30 days been down way more than open. Frank was talking as late as a couple of weeks ago when he said he would not make it to Salado. As to more of those guys moving over (influx of old members) I am guessing most are here that's going to come. When I left Facebook more we're going there and I look at Instagram and several are there. As well as the third small forum. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Jeremiah
    Options
    I didnt even know there was a third small forum?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Jeremiah said:
    The old forum was up just a few days ago then down. For the past 30 days been down way more than open. Frank was talking as late as a couple of weeks ago when he said he would not make it to Salado. As to more of those guys moving over (influx of old members) I am guessing most are here that's going to come. When I left Facebook more we're going there and I look at Instagram and several are there. As well as the third small forum. 
    i thought it was on my end, i see now
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    That is awesome!   Knowing this group, I figured someone had an Egg on a plane.
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    You guys would have loved the 'secret' forum. When they first set this place up, they left the beta site accessible to the web. Was a part of the 'race day' sote that Rob was running. Must have tried some basic formatting and options and then bailed on it and started this place.

No mods. They didn't even know anyone was on it. Good times. Made your Friday nights look like amateur hour. We all had moderator status too. 

Someone finally squealed to the buffalo

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Mickey
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Yes to the third forum. I was ask the address and now can't find it. Anyone have it? I will keep looking and post if I can come across it. 
    @Darby_Crenshaw I thought I remembered you there (different handle)?

• Mickey
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Yes to the third forum. I was ask the address and now can't find it. Anyone have it? I will keep looking and post if I can come across it. 
    @Darby_Crenshaw I thought I remembered you there (different handle)?
    Found it:

http://www.thebgenest.com/member.php

if you run down the members lots of the old guys 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    Pretty slow over there.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    ...and no fights
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    @Mickey

the secret forum i am talking about had maybe five or six people on it. 

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Jeremiah
    Options
    Secret forums and fights. I bet if someone new has stumbled on this thread they think were all nuts. 
  • Mickey
    Options
    @Mickey

the secret forum i am talking about had maybe five or six people on it. 

Chubby was teaching me about the BGE's in those days. Did not know it existed. 

Now that we are talking I have a question from lots and lots of years ago. 
    Old forum had a contest looking for the One Millionth post.  Got an email that mine was the winner but not to say anything till its official. The next day (for some reason I am thinking it was you) a picture was posted to the forum of a Large Egg in Christmas wrapping announced that person was the winner and had recived a Large Egg for the prize. Forum went wild but I got another email saying the post was a joke with the prize and millionth post. 
    Later was announced I won but no prize (forum had no money then as well). 
    I am just trying to remember who that was? 

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    just this thread?

• Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    Love seeing eggs on sport fishers, 1st time ever seeing one on a plane!!! hahaha be more pimp cooking smoking up the plane!!!  hahaha
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!