Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Terrorists Suck!

2»

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    I think @sardonicus has a George burns quote in his sig line to that effect 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    If we could only gather all the great minds here on the forum and place us around a pickup truck bed full of beer (and a bottle of 'shine) ......then we could make some real headway. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    The concepts and ideas to " solve the problem" are several orders of magnitude easier to articulate than to implement.  Likely need a big truck and a whole lot of beer and more ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    If we could only gather all the great minds here on the forum and place us around a pickup truck bed full of beer (and a bottle of 'shine) ......then we could make some real headway. 
    I think you are describing Butt Blast, be sure to be there.
    http://burningloin.blogspot.com/
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    @dmw we will solve the worlds problems. 
  • DMW
    @dmw we will solve the worlds problems. 
    Or create more...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GATraveller
    Unfortunately I have 3 kids on 3 baseball/softball teams and one tennis team so can't get there.....yet. I'll be living vicariously through yalls posts so thanks in advance for all the pics.  =)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    thetrim said:
    We need to fight to win.  Rules of engagement have been way too tight since day 1 post 9-11.  By both Bush and Obama regimes.
    Sounds like you have it all figured out.

Yep...bombing/killing a LOT more people is certainly the answer to this problem.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG

I'm not a proponent for the airport perimeter idea but it would work. 
    No it wouldn't. It just creates a chokepoint somewhere else, which creates a crowd, which creates an enticing target.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    HeavyG said:

No it wouldn't. It just creates a chokepoint somewhere else, which creates a crowd, which creates an enticing target.
    But nobody ever makes car bombs, right?   
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DMW
    HeavyG said:

But nobody ever makes car bombs, right?   
    Nope, and criminals follow gun laws to the T
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• JohnInCarolina
    Unfortunately I have 3 kids on 3 baseball/softball teams and one tennis team so can't get there.....yet. I'll be living vicariously through yalls posts so thanks in advance for all the pics.  =)
    Sorry you can't make it.  I'm sure we'll be doing this again, assuming we make it out alive.  
  • theyolksonyou
    Sorry you can't make it.  I'm sure we'll be doing this again, assuming we make it out alive.  
    May have to change locations after we're banned from the park. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    May have to change locations after we're banned from the park. 
    Burning the entire place to the ground could also prove problematic to a return trip.  
  • GATraveller
    edited March 2016
    HeavyG said:

It would keep bombs out of airports and off planes. I didn't say it would stop bombings. Thought my point was obvious. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    Sinking. Weeeee
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    There is no way to win. Sorry, but you can't stop this like an army. There's cells everywhere and it's going to continue. Carpet bombing won't help.... Except with fleas. Checkpoints won't stop them from their deeds... Hell, the Boston Marathon terrorist used a pressure cooker. If you investigate mosque you're a racist. If you don't want refugees flooding in you're a bigot. I can't think of any way to stop it and I'm a long time member and poster on an egghead forum. 
    It's like a dui checkpoint. Why am I being questioned when I've done nothing wrong? Our freedom is our weakness and strength. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    I'm not privy to all the Intel that the CIA and NSA and whatever other agency's have. But I h lave to believe we know where the terrorists bases and training grounds are. I realize they are hiding behind civilian populations, but the civilians know they are there. Couldn't we just take them out with our superior air power? I know there would be civilian casualties, but aren't there in every war? And make no mistake this a war. I'm just thinking out loud, obviously I don't have all the answers, but it seems to me we could do more. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG said:

It would keep bombs out of airports and off planes. I didn't say it would stop bombings. Thought my point was obvious. 
    I'm not really sure that the intent of todays bombings was primarily to blow out some windows and ceiling tiles of a building. Nor was it likely that they were intending to try and get their bombs far enough past security to get on an aircraft.

If you create a chokepoint outside the airport where cars are queuing up that just allows the baddies another opportunity to use a larger bomb inside a car or truck which might prove to be even more devastating.

• KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    HeavyG said:
    thetrim said:
    We need to fight to win.  Rules of engagement have been way too tight since day 1 post 9-11.  By both Bush and Obama regimes.
    Sounds like you have it all figured out.

Yep...bombing/killing a LOT more people is certainly the answer to this problem.
    Not sure about a LOT of people, but how about the RIGHT people....and perhaps a LOT of them? 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• No worries. Trump will figure it out. 
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    RRP said:
    You have to wonder where they keep finding these idiots who can be so brain washed to become suicide bombers in the name of their religion.   
    ithink about this all the time.   I used to think it was only people who had nothing but look at san bernardino...normal people, good jobs, nice lifestyles amd then radicalization possessed them

The doctor in texas who terrorized ft hood, er i mean workplaced violenced ft hood was a doctor for crying out loud.  

Seems to me out gumt should figure out what causes someone to become radicalized and then stem that.  But then this may not be PC and we night offend someone

• HeavyG
    RRP said:
    You have to wonder where they keep finding these idiots who can be so brain washed to become suicide bombers in the name of their religion.   
    ithink about this all the time.   I used to think it was only people who had nothing but look at san bernardino...normal people, good jobs, nice lifestyles amd then radicalization possessed them

The doctor in texas who terrorized ft hood, er i mean workplaced violenced ft hood was a doctor for crying out loud.  

Seems to me out gumt should figure out what causes someone to become radicalized and then stem that.  But then this may not be PC and we night offend someone

Well, Osama Bin Laden (a civil engineer) and his right hand man Ayman al-Zawahiri (a surgeon and now leader of al Qaeda) and his crowd told us many years ago that they would quit killing us if we would quit messing around in their countries and quit propping up the Saudi royal family.

Unfortunately it is deeply ingrained in our nature that we (the USofA) feel like we must continually meddle around in the affairs of other sovereign nations. 

We, the US, have essentially created an atmosphere where growing numbers of the 1 billion plus Muslims on the planet are feeling like perhaps we really are out to destroy all Islamic culture. Can't help but listen to many of our leading politicians and the crazy crap they spout and think otherwise. So I don't think it is too hard to understand why many folks feel the need to engage the west to try and protect their religion/culture/countries.

Given that a neocon hawk will likely be sitting in the White House next year (regardless of which party wins) we can expect to keep on doing the same old things we've been doing in the mid-east for decades and then continue to be surprised when the blowback hits us in the face.

The real idiots are those, like Ted Cruz, that say carpet bombing much of the middle east is the solution to the problem rather than just exacerbate the problems.

• Eggzellent
    Eggzellent Posts: 238
    edited March 2016
    HeavyG said:
    "..We, the US, have essentially created an atmosphere where growing numbers of the 1 billion plus Muslims on the planet are feeling like perhaps we really are out to destroy all Islamic culture...I don't think it is too hard to understand why many folks feel the need to engage the west to try and protect their religion/culture/countries.."
    But for those countless brave souls in 'the west' engaging evil so that the rest of the world could sleep at night for generations now?..there would be no religion, culture or country on this earth for them to 'protect'..period.
    If we've all done a crappy job of promoting the freedom earned for ourselves and others around the world with the blood of our ancestors..so be it. God will obviously have the final say as to our keeping of this costly flame for our children.
    Yet I refuse to allow those who have secured this freedom for us AND the rest of the world be accused now of not snuffing out evil completely due to the devil indeed residing in other "religions, cultures or countries" as well.
    "Engage" indeed..and feel the sword of our ancestor's hard fought for legacy freedoms as you do.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • GATraveller
    This is far from a "live and let live" scenario.  Belgistan has been as politically correct and welcoming as a country can be towards Islam and Muslims.  So much so that there is a looming showdown on Sharia Law based on the growing number of Muslims.  To think that we can leave radical Islam alone and they'll leave us be is ignorant - at best.  The ultimate goal of these radicals is either convert or kill - there is no in-between.
    Best thing we can do is move quickly to render oil worthless.....that's all they have going for them.  If I could go back in time and change one thing it just might be Lenoir's invention of the internal combustion engine.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    i agree with GATraveler.  Make oil worthless AND i would add that poppy, the source of heroin also be made worthless
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    It's not our fukin fault.   Kill Em all and let God or Allah sort Em out
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95