Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why is your hot sauce of choice and what do you put it on?This is a dup reply to the other thread

NonaScott
NonaScott Posts: 446
edited March 2016 in EggHead Forum
I like Cholula chipotle for general purpose. Tabasco for fried eggs,shrimp, oysters. Frank's red hot for wings, and Frank's slammin sriracha for everything else. Datil do it makes a great cocktail sauce.
Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.

Comments

• bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Frank's Red Hot or Cholula. I like the ones with less vinegar. I put it on almost all proteins.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    Dang! where is the delete button
    Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Just messing wit cha. One of the many downfalls of this platform is there is no delete. The interwebz are forever. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Cook's Illustrated just rated my favorite, plain ol' Tabasco, at the bottom, but it's still my favorite; I guess I LIKE the vinegar hit.  
    And their milder green Tabasco is perfect for one thing:  beans!  :triumph: 

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    Frank's and sriracha. I put them on all foods. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Botch said:
    Cook's Illustrated just rated my favorite, plain ol' Tabasco, at the bottom, but it's still my favorite; I guess I LIKE the vinegar hit.  
    And their milder green Tabasco is perfect for one thing:  beans!  :triumph: 
    Far as I'm concerned, they demonstrated that they're clueless.  They rated TEXAS PETE higher than Tabasco and many others???  I'm in North Carolina, where I think Texas Pete originated, and I hate to be disloyal, but Texas Pete compared to Tabasco or Crystal (my favorite) isn't even in the same league.  Texas Pete and Crystal both are aged and fermented, then mixed with vinegar, with all of the deeper flavors fermentation causes.  Texas Pete isn't fermented, just mixed with the vinegar, so it's cheaper to produce, but much less interesting in flavor.  I agree that Tabasco is a big high on the vinegar, which is part of why I like Crystal better, but I'd take them both over Texas Pete in a heartbeat.

Like others, though, I like different sauces for different things.  I like Cholula and Cholula lime a lot, but mostly on Mexican or Southwestern style foods, whereas Crystal is more general purpose for me.  I really love Jonkanoo hot sauce (same company as Walkers Wood jerk seasoning) for some things.  I have a bunch of hot sauces, but I use Crystal 10x more than anything else.
  • lewisj82
    lewisj82 Posts: 184
    I could put Sriracha on anything (the Huy Fong brand, I've found most others to be a little sweet). Texas Pete or Frank's on fried stuff, and I REALLY like the Chipotle Tabasco. I also really like Louisiana Hot Sauce and the ol' Tabasco peppers in vinegar bottle that seems to live in your fridge for about five years at a time.

I got this set for Christmas from someone, and I really like the garlic hot sauce that's in it: 

http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Cajun-Gourmet-Includes-Louisiana/dp/B00G6I14Y6

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    I know this isn't popular, but anything is better than Tabasco! Tabasco is horrible. Only viable use I see is to mix it in something for heat, but has to be able to mask the miserable flavor.
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    McIlhenny's Chipotle Tabasco
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • Furall
    Furall Posts: 124
    I have become a big fan of linghams. On my fourth bottle. 
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Sirracha. Seriously good stuff but I have to be careful how much I add.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    cholula for eggs
    tobasco for pizza
    franks for everything else
  • Freds Red on seafood(esp. oysters-on the 1/2 shell)
    JohnBoy and Billy's-I mix equal parts original w/ hot and spicy- on pork or chicken
    Franks, Texas Pete, Crystal, or Moores simmered w/ honey and butter on wings on the grill.
    Those are standards for me. Most other sauces will do for me
    STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!
    GIVE ME OYSTERS AND BEER FOR DINNER EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR
     & I'LL FEEL FINE!

SW Georgia :  LARGE & MINI BGE

• bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    I can't remember what brand it is but I had a scotch bonnet hot sauce the other day at a restaurant and it was the most glorious hot sauce I have ever tasted.  They sell it at the restaurant so I am going to buy a couple bottles of it.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • chadpsualum
    chadpsualum Posts: 409
    I can't remember what brand it is but I had a scotch bonnet hot sauce the other day at a restaurant and it was the most glorious hot sauce I have ever tasted.  They sell it at the restaurant so I am going to buy a couple bottles of it.
    It wasn't Pinchers was it?  http://www.hotsaucefever.com/hotsauce/pinchers-one-pepper-soooo-incredibly-hot-sauce/

This is my favorite 'everyday' sauce.  So good!
    North Pittsburgh, PA
    1 LGE
  • bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    It wasn't Pinchers was it?  http://www.hotsaucefever.com/hotsauce/pinchers-one-pepper-soooo-incredibly-hot-sauce/

This is my favorite 'everyday' sauce.  So good!
    Nope it didn't happen to be that.  I went a read google reviews of the restaurant and someone mentioned the brand and interestingly enough it is grace. https://gracefoods.ca/hot-sauce/

I am on a sweet heat kick right now, I have been putting Jamaican Firewalk on every thing I eat now as well.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    There is always a bottle of sriracha, a bottle of zaachsilla Serrano and either a cholula or tapatio in my fridge, my standard go to's. Then there are those I try once or rotate through when I feel like it, usually something with a different twist, like the maple habanero or bufalo chipotle.
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Linking back to THIS thread in case the OP wants to see responses the last time it was asked.

I have to say, while I won't turn down a main stream hot sauce (Red Hot is still my favorite) I have still been on the Adobe Milling Jalapeno hot sauce kick for quite a while.  It meets my needs of having just the right amount of heat and excellent flavor.

They also make a BBQ sauce (not pictured) which is excellent.

You can order direct from them if you want to try any of their products.  I discovered it on every table when I visited Durango, CO and now can't get enough of the stuff. 
    LBGE/Maryland
  • malligator
    malligator Posts: 102

Pepper sauce on greens.
    Crushed chiltepin, sriracha, or my Aunt's homemade pepper relish on most anything else.

LBGE in PHX

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited March 2016
    ATK lost me when they did burnt ends with a flat, on a gasser.  Their St. Louis Pork Steaks was another trainwreck.  Made me wonder how many other traditional recipes they have FUBAR'd that are not in my wheelhouse, and question some of their scientific logic.  Their product recs favor who they're in bed with at the time.  Many here, believe their, or should I say his, word as gospel.  The way the other chefs even looked at him and acted, was weird.  Personally, I'm glad Chris grabbed his toys and left the ATK sandbox, whether he was forced out or did it on his own.  Maybe someone new will breathe some life into it.  They need to bring Kenji back.  Remember watching him as a young buck in the culinary field on ATK.    

Arizona Gunslinger Chipotle Habanero is a nice smokey, viscous hot sauce.  Amazing flavor.

Like to make chile oil with EVOO and Tutto Calabria chiles.  Mince and heat with a top shelf EVOO.  Salty, smokey, flavorful heat.  Killer swirled on pizzas, pasta, eggs, or just about anything.  Long fridge shelf life.

Bomba

Cholula

Have put Sriracha and Tabasco in the rear view a while ago, not looking back.  Keep Franks on hand for recipes that call for it. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    The good old Tiger Sauce is a favorite. 

Sriracha
    Chipotle tabasco
    Iguana gold habanero sauce
    Daves gourmet scorpion pepper sauce
    El tapatio
    Texas pete
    Tabasco original 
    Franks

Thats my current stash. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    edited March 2016
    Rio fuego very hot and Felicidad Chipotle from Rancho Gordo are excellent in beans.  I like Trader Joe's sriracha more than the huy fong - I get more garlic flavor with the chiles.  That and cholula chipotle for on scrambled eggs.  Gochujang makes a great marinade, and I've had fried chicken slathered with it at one of Ed Lee's restaurants.

We also steep hot peppers in a vinegar/sugar solution and use that to dress greens.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    I go on waves of LOVE/HATE with different hot sauces.  Right now . . . chipotle tabasco & crystal  !! 
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
     I try lots of hot sauces. Cholua and Siracha(rooster) as well as a standard vinegar/pepper style(Frank's, Texas Pete, Louisiana or Tabasco) are always on hand. The rest of the stock changes often.

LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim