Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini max price?

Options

Comments

• reload
    reload Posts: 267
    Options
    $607.00 out the door with a platesetter in the foothills of North Carolina.  I look forward to cooking away from home with family on an Egg in the near future.  My boys are active in Scouting and I can't wait to cook up some goodness this summer for the group.  
  • 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    Options
    reload said:
    $607.00 out the door with a platesetter in the foothills of North Carolina.  I look forward to cooking away from home with family on an Egg in the near future.  My boys are active in Scouting and I can't wait to cook up some goodness this summer for the group.  
    Congratulations @reload you know the rule! Pics or it didn't happen!
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • reload
    Options
    1move said:
    reload said:
    Congratulations @reload you know the rule! Pics or it didn't happen!
    I hear ya.  I will post pics tomorrow.  I must say, this Egg thing has become an addiction!  I look forward to cooking meals every chance I have.  Next cook will be chicken wings for the folks at works.  I'm trying my best to convert them!
  • Danny71
    Danny71 Posts: 108
    Options
    I order the MM from my dealer in Roanoke va last week $607 out the door with a plate setter. He will throw in a bag of lump and ash tool when I pick it up. So I'm not complaining. Could have drove farther and maybe saved a few dollars. But I'm overly excited about it. 
  • gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    Options
    Free, but I got connections!;)

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @sumoconnell Wow! & that's priced in Euros? 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,347
    Options
    @sumoconnell Wow! & that's priced in Euros? 
    I'm guessing that price also includes their VAT which is 24%.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    $585 plus tax in my area.....with only a clean out tool and starters. No lump.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Options
    @reload What dealer in the foothills?  I'm heading towards Morganton later this week and that is a little cheaper than Charlotte area prices?

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• C130
    C130 Posts: 56
    Options
    I paid a little over $700 OTD including the place setter and it was already put together. Manager was a jerk but I was in a hurry and didn't want to drive across town.  I finally got him to give me what a bag of charcoal cost towards a pizza stone for the MM. I had just bought a large a month earlier but I dealt with a different manager who wasn't there when I bought my MM. They sell a lot eggs I guess so they aren't very negotiable. I was told they sell over a thousand a year which sounds like a lot to me. 
    Scott
    Magnolia, TX
    LBGE
    Mini Max
  • reload
    Options
    @reload What dealer in the foothills?  I'm heading towards Morganton later this week and that is a little cheaper than Charlotte area prices?
    Queen City, it's located at 307 Sanford Dr in Morganton.  Very helpful folks and its located right on the river.  If you can plan on arriving around lunch time, you can eat at Friday Friends. Purchase your Egg then enjoy lunch on the river!  You won't be disappointed.
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Options
    reload said:
    Queen City, it's located at 307 Sanford Dr in Morganton.  Very helpful folks and its located right on the river.  If you can plan on arriving around lunch time, you can eat at Friday Friends. Purchase your Egg then enjoy lunch on the river!  You won't be disappointed.

Thanks.  SWMBO, the dog and myself are spending 3 days up at Wilson Creek.  Egging, trout fishing, drinking bourbon.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Belmont, NC

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Paid $539 for just the MM assembled... Nothing else. Will be getting the woo and smokeware
  • Huntnfish72
    Options
    449.00.   That was unassembled in the box.   Dealer misquoted price over the phone and stood behind it.   HAPPY GUY right here
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    I was in an ACE hardware a few days ago getting some stuff for a job, and they sell..um.."Big Red Eggs". The Jr portable "Big Red Egg" looked as good to me as a Mini-Max. It was priced @ $449.00 with heat deflector, ash tool, and a grill grip. Manager said they would throw in a bag of lump and a pizza stone for that price also. I'm just not seeing why the little BGE is so expensive. ??  
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Options
    I just got one, $522 tax included.  No lump or any accessories. 

Belmont, NC

• bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    Options
    Hard to justify $500 for such a tiny grill. Doesnt mean i dont want it, but thats a hard selling point
    Austin, Tx
  • yljkt
    Options
    I'm leaning towards a KJ JR. Like BGE but the prices are getting off the rails. Just saying. 
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    My mini and large BGE's are cold for most of my cooks. Minimax is great for two of us. Easier temp control compared to the mini IMHO. YMMV.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    bgeaddikt said:
    Hard to justify $500 for such a tiny grill. Doesnt mean i dont want it, but thats a hard selling point
    I was in the same spot, I folded. Ended up getting a medium for only $20 more.  I will get a weber or something else if I need portability in the future.

Main use (90% or more) will be at home for small meals or side dishes, I set quite a few different pans in the MM and the grid space and dome height just did not cut it for the containers I use for beans, potatoes,  and mac and cheese.
  • HeavyG
    Options
    yljkt said:
    I'm leaning towards a KJ JR. Like BGE but the prices are getting off the rails. Just saying. 
    Check to see if Costco is having a Kamado Joe Roadshow in your area. A Jr. normally sells for just $400 bucks at those and you often get a bag of lump thrown in.

The list is update every month or so - http://www.costco.com/kamado-joe-schedule.html
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• yljkt
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    yljkt said:
    Check to see if Costco is having a Kamado Joe Roadshow in your area. A Jr. normally sells for just $400 bucks at those and you often get a bag of lump thrown in.

The list is update every month or so - http://www.costco.com/kamado-joe-schedule.html
    Thanks for that. There is one upcoming in my area. Do you have to get a costco membership to buy one? 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    RedSkip said:
    Gotcha
    A gritty, tile saw blade in a standard jig saw, for me, worked better with much less dust. Palm sander or sanding block to smooth it a little. I have cut the legs off 2 platesetter for my XL. It's not very hard material to cut or sand.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options

I took a photo a couple weeks back in Helsinki.  This is a mini max. 
    OUCH!!!!!!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • HeavyG
    Options
    yljkt said:
    HeavyG said:
    yljkt said:

Thanks for that. There is one upcoming in my area. Do you have to get a costco membership to buy one? 
    You do have to be a Costco member. However, if you know someone that is a member you can have them go with you or...you can get a membership, see if Costco is something you would get some use of and if not just take advantage of their membership guarantee which refunds all your membership fee if you are not satisfied.

• tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    last week my dealer quoted $599 for bare bones minimax with no accessories.  picked up a kamado joe jr at costco roadshow the next day for $399 everything included and havent looked back.  very comparable model and a tad lighter with tons of accessories.  i plan on going to the costco roadshow again next week and picking up 4-6 bags of charcoal.  it looked like great quality and the rep said it was rumored to be made by wicked good which i cant get here anymore
  • HeavyG
    Options
    tonyled said:
    last week my dealer quoted $599 for bare bones minimax with no accessories.  picked up a kamado joe jr at costco roadshow the next day for $399 everything included and havent looked back.  very comparable model and a tad lighter with tons of accessories.  i plan on going to the costco roadshow again next week and picking up 4-6 bags of charcoal.  it looked like great quality and the rep said it was rumored to be made by wicked good which i cant get here anymore
    I have no idea where Wicked Good lump is from. Kamado Joe lump is from Argentina. The bags that say "Restaurant Grade" aren bagged by KJ themselves in a facility they built in Georgia. They ship in container loads of charcoal and do their own bagging in order to try and provide a bag with more larger chunks.

I've not tried it myself as I'm quite content with Royal Oak but I may pick up a bag or two this summer.

• Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    490 + tax fer me.....
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,044
    Options
    I think the MM is not intended as a first egg.  Once you are in the fold its easier to sell a person on another egg.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    I just got the offer for a new one, carrier and plate setter for $550 +tax. That is the best I have been able to find locally. I have one more place to call. Might pull the trigger here.

Almost $600 for a 13.5 inch grill.   Ugh....

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite.