Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chip on dome

My Medium has developed a chip in the finish on the dome. It's about the size of a quarter. I will be contacting the dealer regarding warranty in the next couple of days, but wondered if others have had this happen. There is nothing in the area that could have hit it so just curious about the possibilities.
A poor widows son.
See der Rabbits, Iowa

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Thermal shock. Maybe? Or a bird etc crashed into it when you weren't looking :wink: 
    I have had a very small chip on my dome a couple of years now and the touch up paint has held up. Worse case scenario I can get one under warranty but, as long as it doesn't get worse I'm not gonna sweat it. 
    Any pics of the damage on yours?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    I bought a used large and brought it home and did a clean burn.Tons of gunk came out the pores on the outside of the egg and a big piece of the exterior finish popped off the base.It looks ugly but she still Smokin.
  • XLentEGG
    XLentEGG Posts: 436
    More meat please !! :-)
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Looks very similar to above picture.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Looks very similar to above picture.
    Warranty for sure as that is a piece of glaze that popped off and should not have. The reason(s) are several, but still should be covered with warranty. Meanwhile while waiting take your rain bonnet to an art store and you can buy a small bottle of acrylic paint that you can match the color fairly close. I bought a bottle from Jeffery Alan of  Creamcoat Dark Jungle 2 fl oz. Or your dealer should have touch up material but that may make them think you are complacent and not file a claim! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.