Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WANTED! BLACKSTONE TABLE TOP GRIDDLE

Options
FlashkaBob
FlashkaBob Posts: 373
edited March 2016 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone know where I could pick one of these babies up in Canada? My search has not been successful

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

Comments

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    Do you have Lowes Home Improvement??? 
  • FlashkaBob
    Options
    We do. I searched their site. Nothing

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Do you have ace hardware? 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Do you have a road to the US?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    You won't regret whatever effort it takes.  I LOVE mine and dare I say .. have been using it more than my egg!!
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • FlashkaBob
    Options
    @milesvdustin     No Ace Hardware in Ontario
    @ozzie_Issac       Ha Ha Ha . As a matter of fact there are 1 or 2 roads that meet up with Merican roads to the south.
    @Hub     You guys have convinced me to break out my wallet yet again

• fruitguy
    fruitguy Posts: 303
    Options
    you'll love it.  Today reverse sear steaks on the egg for dinner.  Chicken on the blackstone for lunch and breakfast pizza on the egg for breakfast.  We never cook in the house. 
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
    Looks like ace has pulled it off their web site
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Target?

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• thebbb
    thebbb Posts: 67
    Options
    Hey ... I had this saved on Aces site and was going to get one the next time I headed to the USA ... It is no longer there as stated by odie91.
    Lbge and MiniMax  in Southern Manitoba
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I really like my Blackstone griddle, for the money.  Only two complaints are:  1. uneven heat.  2. doesn't get hot enough. 

I can live with #1.  I plan on replacing the regulator to a higher psi for #2.
    Options
    I really like my Blackstone griddle, for the money.  Only two complaints are:  1. uneven heat.  2. doesn't get hot enough. 

One other small complaint I have is on high it throws a lot of heat towards the cook.  It is raised up and open on all 4 sides so it throws heat out of all sides.  I was thinking about rigging up some kind of deflector to block the heat on the front. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    edited March 2016
    Options

One other small complaint I have is on high it throws a lot of heat towards the cook.  It is raised up and open on all 4 sides so it throws heat out of all sides.  I was thinking about rigging up some kind of deflector to block the heat on the front. 
    Agree.  I have a wicked burn on my arm.  Had a SS stock pot on the side table full of rice.  Leaned across to grab something and burned my arm bad.  Nice deep wound.  The heat coming out the side made the pot crazy hot.

Also, beer on the table gets warm quick.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ag83
    Ag83 Posts: 34
    Options
    Has anyone looked at/owned the Camp Chef? Not quite the surface area of the Blackstone but it has grill grates under the griddle so you can use it like a regular gas grill. I'm thinking long and hard about this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-Flat-Top-Grill/dp/B00L9XAMTQ

• womaus
    womaus Posts: 256
    Options
    Are you near a Cabela's?

http://www.cabelas.com/stores/stores_home.jsp#StoresByState

There's a half dozen or so shown in Canada.

I was in one of their stores down here in the States recently, saw them on display.

I've got one of these, and prefer it over the Blackstone:

http://www.mojoegriddle.com