Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally an EGGhead

Options
I just purchased my first egg! I picked up an XL and will be breaking it in tomorrow I am so excited.

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Welcome. Hide you wallet if you plan on hanging out here. These people spend my money faster than my wife. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    +1000^^^^^ 
    Welcome and have fun! Buying one is nowhere as expensive as owning one.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Jhypes332 said:
    I just purchased my first egg! I picked up an XL and will be breaking it in tomorrow I am so excited.

Based on that pic you will fit in here perfectly.  Welcome to the Asylum!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • LRW
    LRW Posts: 198
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Looking forward to further posts.

Volant, PA 1 LBGE ,Smokeware Cap, igrill2
    My Foodtography

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Welcome.. What you planning for the maiden voyage.. Stock the fridge up and have fun..

Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Welcome!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Welcome and enjoy the journey!
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Welcome - I too am curious what you've picked to do today. Have fun!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Plenty of time left today to get that thing lit!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all-have fun. 
    P.S.  Don't chase temperature.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Welcome....but get your hands from ;);) around my girl !
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Welcome to the asylum.  Good play on posting your hugging picture on Sunday instead of Friday night ...

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Welcome! where are you located?
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Welcome to the Eggdiction and enjoy the ride.  Did you make the table or did you buy it as a package?  As others have said, hold on to your wallet.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Welcome 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Welcome!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Welcome and have fun. CGS is your first stop to get that grid raised and optimize the egg.
    Seattle, WA
  • Robo2015
    Robo2015 Posts: 267
    Options
    Nice! Welcome!
    A Lonely Single Large Egg

North Shore of Massachusetts
  • Eggzellent
    Eggzellent Posts: 238
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    Welcome and have fun. CGS is your first stop to get that grid raised and optimize the egg.
    ...that's where I've spent too much on both my XL and MM...yet if I were in your shoes?..I'd wait and see what they want for the XL Joetisserie or pick up the GrillGrates.

Welcome!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Nice! You will love it as much as you think you will.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Welcome
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Hey! Given it a kiss? Like above, once you start cooking w. it, you'll be givin lots more smackers to it!

Clear out a space in the garage for the pallet of lump.
  • Gamecockeggman
    Gamecockeggman Posts: 1,329
    Options
    Welcome....and enjoy the ride!
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • Eggscuses
    Eggscuses Posts: 399
    Options
    Welcome.  And get a room ;)
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    It's OK to kiss your egg when it's cold, what ya gonna do when she's SMOKIN"!!!!  ahahahahah
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    ...that's where I've spent too much on both my XL and MM...yet if I were in your shoes?..I'd wait and see what they want for the XL Joetisserie or pick up the GrillGrates.

Welcome!
    Please ENJOY cooking in your new BGE without having to spend another nickel for a while!  You can cook a TON of wonderful stuff without buying anything else.  There are many of us who have no grillgrates or joetisseries or anything at all from CGS and who have been having a ball cooking wonderful food on our Big Green Eggs for many years.  There's nothing wrong with any of that stuff if you like it, but just don't get the idea that you NEED any of it.  Take your time.  Enjoy cooking a bunch of stuff on your new Egg.

If you haven't already made a choice on how to cook indirect, in my opinion that might be the first, and perhaps hardest choice to make, because at some point you almost certainly will want to cook indirect at least sometimes.  There are a number of quite different options, and there is plenty on this forum to read up on about them.

In the meantime, just enjoy your beautiful new Big Green Egg!
  • Eggzellent
    Eggzellent Posts: 238
    Options
    Theophan said:
    SkinnyV said:

Welcome!
    Please ENJOY cooking in your new BGE without having to spend another nickel for a while!  You can cook a TON of wonderful stuff without buying anything else.  There are many of us who have no grillgrates or joetisseries or anything at all from CGS and who have been having a ball cooking wonderful food on our Big Green Eggs for many years.  There's nothing wrong with any of that stuff if you like it, but just don't get the idea that you NEED any of it.  Take your time.  Enjoy cooking a bunch of stuff on your new Egg.

If you haven't already made a choice on how to cook indirect, in my opinion that might be the first, and perhaps hardest choice to make, because at some point you almost certainly will want to cook indirect at least sometimes.  There are a number of quite different options, and there is plenty on this forum to read up on about them.

In the meantime, just enjoy your beautiful new Big Green Egg!
    I mentioned the Joetisserie as that will be a relatively expensive 'accessory' which will turn the XL in to something totally different than what they were designed to be. If you're flush when these come out..who cares. If they have a price which would prevent a person from saving for or buying other unrelated accessories?..something to think about if you feel 'as is' (which I agree with) is good enough. 
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    Welcome have fun and don't forget the pictures
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Welcome aboard!
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Welcome