Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

POLLEN!!!!

Options
Jeremiah
Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
While it might not snow much in the south, we make it up in pollen! This sucks! Looks like the dust bowl videos of the 1930's blowing around. 
Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 

Comments

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Making my allergies flare up just looking at that!
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Man, y'all getting it early!  Bradfords are blooming down here, won't be long....
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    ...but @Fred19Flintstone...I have two black cars to clean.  It's not a big deal I am not anal retentive.  I only have to wash two cars twice a day for a month or so. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    I'm hoping that the worst allergy time in my area will come and go while I'm out of the country.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone Bob, come on down and get yourself a dose of spring in NGA. The puddles run yellow, every frickin thing is yellow. Up to and including the nasty shît running nonstop from your nose. You'll wish it was snowing. You shovel that a couple times. Your damn nose never stops till winter. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    My patio table. I  washed it off around 10:00 am this morning.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,053
    Options
    The pollen is killing me.  My patio and everything on it was yellow when I got back home earlier.  I used a blower (with a mask on) to get the bulk of it off. My lungs are still full of it though.  Allergies are kicking my butt.  Sneezing nonstop for a week straight.  We need some rain!
  • LRW
    LRW Posts: 198
    Options
    Where I live I get to shovel snow and then massive amounts of pollen. I have 2 large white pines and it looks like its snowing in the spring they put off so much pollen. I feel your pain @Jeremiah
    Volant, PA 1 LBGE ,Smokeware Cap, igrill2
    My Foodtography

• Jeremiah
    Options
    Yeah this crap sucks. Luckily the worst of it only lasts a short time. I've read that the yellow pine pollen doesn't effect allergies. I do know it makes a mess of everything, just having to apologize to every customer at the shop is getting old quick!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Dave in Florida
    Options
    The wife's bees are loving it, bringing loads to the hive.  I will be reaping the rewards of their hard work with plenty of delicious honey. 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Flint, Michigan
  • Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Options
    The wife's bees are loving it, bringing loads to the hive.  I will be reaping the rewards of their hard work with plenty of delicious honey. 
    @Dave in Florida I'm going to try my hand at raising bees this year. Just waiting for the snow to leave....
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    It's an official season down here in the South. Summer, Fall, Spring, and Pollen. We don't do winter!!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Jeremiah
    Options
  • Eggingaround
    Options
    Going on 3 weeks of non-stop sneezing and running nose here in Texas. I'll take shoveling snow any day, did that for 20 yrs living in the northeast. 
    Mckinney, TX
    LBGE--AR with Rig extender 
    Mini Max
  • Dave in Florida
    Options
    Sammi said:
    @Dave in Florida I'm going to try my hand at raising bees this year. Just waiting for the snow to leave....
    Good luck with the bees.  It is pretty cool once you realize how the colony works.  And the honey is great.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    It's like a flower bukkake
    Options
    We have a proving ground down near Green Valley, AZ.  While I was there, we had a colony of Africanized bees take up residence in one of the pieces of equipment.  Almost had a heart attack when I found out what it was going to cost to have them removed.  Our operations superintendent found a local bee keeper who removed them for us at no cost ... in exchange for placing a few bee hives around the perimeter of the property.  That was a win-win for both of us since he also promised future removal assistance.  The best part was the quart of honey that showed up on my desk once a year.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Yep!  Rained yesterday and ooh right now and it looks like rivers of pollen. Before the rain it looked like fluffy blankets of pollen. Spring is here and the oak pollen is raining down!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    And I blew off my garage and driveway yesterday....wind shift and next thing you know a yellow cloud is blowing back in my face.  I can still taste the pollen.  Rain this weekend should help.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    I just payed 50$ to have my car cleaned.  Its yellow now. Florida
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    I hose off the cars each morning - the kids enjoy it; wife not so much.  I've always told the car wash place that I frequent that they need to do a $1 pollen wash during spring just to hose off and blow dry the cars.  I think they'd make a killing!!!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Sammi said:
    Good luck with the bees.  It is pretty cool once you realize how the colony works.  And the honey is great.
    Envious of you guys.  Apiculture and entomology were my two favorite classes in college after the intro to winemaking and intro to brewery science classes (legit 1 credit classes which were Friday afternoon "labs")   I would love to have a hive or two. I just can not take up another hobby.  No time. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite.