Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cowboy charcoal?

Options
2»

Comments

• FlashkaBob
    FlashkaBob Posts: 373
    Options
    All you folks down in Merica that speak so highly of Royal Oak must get way better charcoal than they send to us in Kanukistan because any of it that I have used is garbage. You can't give me a bag of that sh!t to use. It definitely smells like they are recycling railway ties for the Canadian market. The bags that you get are red or orange and what we get comes in a blue and red bag. (That's how they keep them separated). The red stuff we get is briquettes.

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

• Powderhound
    Powderhound Posts: 139
    Options
    All you folks down in Merica that speak so highly of Royal Oak must get way better charcoal than they send to us in Kanukistan because any of it that I have used is garbage. You can't give me a bag of that sh!t to use. It definitely smells like they are recycling railway ties for the Canadian market. The bags that you get are red or orange and what we get comes in a blue and red bag. (That's how they keep them separated). The red stuff we get is briquettes.
    The red stuff we get is good but nothing real great.  I have used it and will use it again, but, it's not my 1st choice either.  I will say the Red RO is great for my mini and mini max though. 
    Large, Medium, Mini, and Mini Max, a few too many accessories, 2 kids, 1 dog, and original wife.  Lover of winter, powdery snow, and lots of golf.  
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    works fine.  never had a bag bad.  what can i say.

at least we finally managed to kill the idiotic legend that it was building demo scrap.  haven't heard that one in a few years.

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Ruined some steaks with Cowboy and gave up on it. Getting it to burn clean wasn't easy.  Used  the rest of the bag for couple of clean burns. Still have a 2 year old unopened bag that will be sold with the the house when I downsize.  
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE