Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Long time lurker, first time poster

Options
Hi everyone. I've been following this forum for quite some time now, ever since I ended up with a Large Big Green Egg. I want to thank everyone for all the help they have given me without even knowing it. I finally decided it was time to stop just hanging out and finally participate. I've been close to posting before, but every time it seemed the mood of the group shifted to an old boys club beating up on everyone so I hesitated. Finally decided, what the heck, I can take whatever is thrown at me.
One thing I've learned is 'pic or it didn't happen' so I thought I'd share some recent cooks. The pulled pork was just under 30 pounds, done indirect at 325, wrapped in foil at 165 and off the grill into a cooler with towels for about 4 hours before serving. I guess that would be considered turbo cooking?  It was amazing. 
The steak was a 2 pound prime ribeye bone in from SRF (one of the best things I learned here - just wonderful meats). I didn't get any sliced pics, but it was a beautiful rare @ 125 inside temp. Cooked it at 250-300 or so to a temp of 105 then let it rest while the Big Green Egg heated up.  Then seared on a cast iron grate less than an inch above the coals. (Reverse sear?)
Dessert was simply puff pastry filled with blueberries sprinkled with sugar and lemon juice. Baked indirect on a pizza stone. 
I look forward to being more active here and continuing to learn all the secrets of this amazing grill. Thank you all. 
Crystal
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.
- LBGE - located in NEPA

Comments