Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tacos

Meinbmw
Meinbmw Posts: 157
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got a bunch of pulled pork left ... anyone make tacos, quesidillas (sp)?[p]Any recipies would be appreciated.

Comments

• meinbmw,
    Check your email

• Richard,
    Any chance that taco recipe could be posted?

• Salmon
    Salmon Posts: 146
    leftovers001.jpg
    <p />meinbmw, I often jsut toss my pork in a pot with a little chicken broth, some veggies, and some rice.....pictured above or...........Here is one for burrito's.[p]
    I got this recipe from Don & Sharon Will of Smokers Wild. It's a burrito that I make out of left over pork from contest. [p]1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    1/2 cup chopped onions
    1 4 oz can chopped green chilies
    2 jalapeno peppers seeded & finely chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    2 1/2 pounds pork butt cut into 1" pieces (or 2 pounds cooked)
    1/2 cup beef broth
    1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne
    1/2 teaspoon salt [p]
    Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Sauté' onions, green chilies, jalapenos and garlic about 2 minutes, stirring often. Add pork and broth. Sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, and salt. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about one hour, or until pork is tender. Shred pork with fork and mix well with pan juices.
    I use already cooked pork that I have already shredded. Put on flour tortillas. Makes about 10. [p]

• Tiburon
    Tiburon Posts: 42
    meinbmw,[p]A traditional Mexican taco is simple but good. Heat some corm tortillas add the meat, chopped onion, cilantro and your favorite salsa.
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Tiburon,
    That is exactly the way that they eat tacos down here. Other toppings include small chunks of pineapple, slices of avocado, and crumbled bacon.[p]You can also lay the meat on top of the tortilla and then add cheese (usually white cheese down here) on top and put it in the oven to melt down into the meat. [p]They usually serve the tacos with more stuff than you can possibly get into a single taco and then serve warm tortillas on the side.[p]As an aside, saying taco is like saying sandwich, because you can make them from anything. About the only thing that you don't see down here are the fried, "U" shaped tortillas.

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    meinbmw,
    PP works great in enchiladas or as carnitas. Also it makes a great salad. Just make a salad the way you normally would then put a big hadful of PP on top. -RP

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    d3c17aee.jpg
    <p />meinbmw,[p]Don't forget tamales, they're not just for Christmas. [p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery