Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why I own 2 BGE’s….Awesome BGE Customer Service Experience

Hello All, thanks for the welcome to the forum.  I thought I would share my customer service experience with BGE’s customer service.  I was deep cleaning my Egg’s the other day.  I realized that my Small and Large both had cracks in their respective fireboxes.  I called the BGE customer service number (expecting to get a long list of some generic lady telling me which button to push).  While I did get the lady telling me which button to push to my surprise, the list was decently short and I finally was able to reach a “live” person.  Luckily, I was able to get in touch with Bruce Bohannon (Customer Satisfaction Manager).  I explained to him when and where my Egg’s were purchased (when I purchased my Egg’s you had to fill out a light green warranty registration card in the back of the instruction manual and send it in, unlike now you go online to register the warranty) and he stated that it should not be a problem locating my registration cards and getting my parts replace under warranty. 

I spoke with Bruce on Monday March 7 and yesterday, March 9, I picked up my new firebox’s free of charge (covered under warranty) for my Large and Small from Paragon Distributing here in Dallas.  Paragon would have shipped them to any dealer free of charge for me to pick up but I didn’t mind picking them up.  I am sure other cooker companies have excellent customer service but the reception from Bruce and the turnaround time that I received from BGE is why I am a Small & Large BGE owner.  Thinking of adding an XL to the stable as well.

I am sure there are other great BGE customer service stories, I had to share mine because it was such an awesome experience.  Thanks for reading.  Tom.  

Comments

• I have known Bruce for years and have seen him at many eggfests.  What a nice guy! I'm glad he took such good care of you, and as you will see, he has done so for countless others.
    Happily Egging since 1996, still egging on my original large BGE, along with 6 other Big Green Eggs of assorted sizes.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Yes BGE and Bruce are great. And the whole gang at Paragon are the best.
    And welcome to the forum.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • msocko3
    msocko3 Posts: 35
    Yep, Bruce is one of the good one's. He helped make my day when my dealer turned out to be a stinker. Bruce came though very quickly with the replacement part I needed.
  • bayouegger
    bayouegger Posts: 287
    edited March 2016
    Same deal here!  Live in New Orleans but bought both my Eggs at Eggtoberfest. Called Bruce told him I'd be in ATL for a wedding and boom both Fireboxes and fire rings were replaced.  No questions, no problems.

Great customer service!   
  • I am glad to hear that he has helped so many people.  Definitely makes a huge difference when a company has great customer service.  These days it seems customer service takes a back seat.