Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2016 Salado Eggfest roll call

Options
caliking
caliking Posts: 18,731
So who's in this year?? Just trying to figure out who needs to be publicly shamed for not attending this round :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    we are in.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    The Foghorn family including Mrs. Foghorn, Son of Foghorn and 2 Friends of Foghorn will be there - although not for the preparty as work is getting in the way. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

Just finished up trial run of our menu items.

The neighbors loved them so we are good to go.

Hoping it dries up for Friday and Saturday!!

@caliking are you bringing the PBR and cooler since @henapple is a no show?

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    Count us "IN"!  
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Scheduling conflict! I can't make it this year.  Hate that I'm missing it!!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,625
    Options
    Ugh, not me.  Kids getting home Friday for spring break before heading out on a road trip (have to do car stuff) and friend having 50th bday party Saturday night.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Legume said:
    Ugh, not me.  Kids getting home Friday for spring break before heading out on a road trip (have to do car stuff) and friend having 50th bday party Saturday night.
    I hear Salado is the place to be for celebrating the big "50"...Bring the party.
    This year Salado will carry me to 51. What a great place to get old.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    Options
    Wifey and I are in
    Austin, Tx
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Legume said:
    I hear Salado is the place to be for celebrating the big "50"...Bring the party.
    This year Salado will carry me to 51. What a great place to get old.lol
    bring the jello shots...
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Scheduling conflict! I can't make it this year.  Hate that I'm missing it!!
    https://youtu.be/PS5kS7Im6I4
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Legume said:
    https://youtu.be/PS5kS7Im6I4
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    let the shaming begin
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Team Stone is in with a posse. 
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    The relative lack of activity on this thread is concerning.  Is it just going to be about 5 of us cooking for 500?   Or did this not get advertised as much as previous years such that there won't be as many tasters?

This is what happens when @Mickey plays the "I'm a tired old retired guy" card.

Or am I reading too much into this?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Hotch
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    The relative lack of activity on this thread is concerning.  Is it just going to be about 5 of us cooking for 500?   Or did this not get advertised as much as previous years such that there won't be as many tasters?

@caliking we may need something stronger than the PBR!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    I'll be there. With my family. Not sure if we're coming in on Friday or not. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Foghorn said:

And @Hotch
    this is the view from my porch. Port Royal in Port A. Yep, fully retired. I have ask  them over and over to do this forum and old forum: nothing.  

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Hotch
    Options
    @Mickey Just waiting for the day my friend.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Foghorn said:

I know your joking about Mickey and he deserves a little kick every now and then.lol
    The time and effort he has put into this fest in the past was amazing. Mickey had some great help from Spring Chicken and Spring Hen and great support for Toyota and Will from Inn on the Creek for pre and after party. Hats off to you Mickey...

I hear it has not been promoted much and very little happening from the dealer and no incentives at all to promote or motivate the Eggheads cooking for the event. Last year the dealer was even charging cooks for water.lol
    I hear things are going to be a little better this year but most is still up in the air. The other Texas Eggfests are really stepping up their game and the new one in Spring Texas this year will also add to the pressure. It would blow their mind if they attended the Athens Texas Eggfest...or at least humble them a bit.

This might turn out to be a nice little Eggfest and not over run by HEATHENS just looking for a free meal for their family.lol
    My plan is to relax, visit and catch up with friends and drink the free PBR @caliking is bringing...Ha...Ha
    Thought if I sit between the cooler and the Egg he is cooking on I will be set for the weekend.

Travel safe everyone...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • 20stone
    Options
    Thought if I sit between the cooler and the Egg he is cooking on I will be set for the weekend.
    I can't speak for everyone else, but Team Stone is planning putting out 150 servings.  Hopefully, I stay out of the hospital this time.
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove

Austin, TX
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    We will be there, new location. No web site for the eggfest has made it hard to find for some folks. 30 eggs for cooking I what I was told.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    I know there are many Salado "regulars" that plan on cooking.  They just haven't chimed in yet.  
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • newby84
    newby84 Posts: 133
    Options
    Where is it going to be and what time does it start? 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I won't be there. Go ahead, shame me.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Navymom
    Navymom Posts: 167
    Options
    We had planned on being there now I'm not sure. We aren't part of the "regulars", but didn't think we were heathens there for free food.
    Wear maroon, live maroon, bleed maroon.
    Fightin' Texas Aggies Fly Navy.
    Denton TX
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @Navymom the regulars are the heathens. 
  • 20stone
    Options
    Navymom said:
    We had planned on being there now I'm not sure. We aren't part of the "regulars", but didn't think we were heathens there for free food.
    Come eat some free food.  If I have to take any home, I'll be a bit ragey, and no one wants that.
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove

Austin, TX
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Navymom said:
    Sorry if I affended you. My statement had nothing to do with being a regular.
    You post on this forum so you must have interest in Ceramic cooking. Why would you even jump to such a conclusion about yourself?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    20stone said:
    Navymom said:
    Come eat some free food.  If I have to take any home, I'll be a bit ragey, and no one wants that.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Hotch said:
    Foghorn said:

@caliking we may need something stronger than the PBR!!
    WTF?!!? How did I get volunteered to bring the sh!tty beer this time???

I'm sure @henapple has something more important to do... like make out with his cousins.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.