Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OK....Pay it forward!!! (Could sticky this if it catches on).

Options

Comments

• Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Options
    That thing is awesome looking. 
  • rosco
    rosco Posts: 48
    Options
    I have a draft door and mounting hardware for a small, if anyone wants it.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Firemanyz said:
    That thing is awesome looking. 
    it is as badass as it looks. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    rosco said:
    I have a draft door and mounting hardware for a small, if anyone wants it.
    Too bad it's not for a large, I need the exact setup for my vintage Imperial Kamado!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Mosca
    Mosca Posts: 456
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have a half moon baking stone for a Large, if anyone is interested. Never used.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Very nice!  I like!

I'm sorry I missed the thread earlier, I was going to warn about some of the shipping restrictions on batteries.   But alas, a beautiful knife!!!
    Options
    Mosca said:
    I have a half moon baking stone for a Large, if anyone is interested. Never used.

Fwiw, you (or someone else) can setup direct and place the stone on the grid in combo with the raised 1/2 grid with drip pan and you have the elusive direct and indirect setup. Nice piece. 
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    @Mosca I'll take you up on that . If no one else is spoken for it. I could put that to use. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Mosca
    Mosca Posts: 456
    Options
    It's already spoken for, @texaswig, sorry.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    We are about to move and we aren't going to take the grill gazebo with us.  Any local Columbia, SC folks want it? It is in decent shape still, but could also use a little TLC.  I recently put some window flashing on the top to prevent leaking.  Also, I haven't used the gazebo's lights in years.  Doubt they can be recharged, and I'm not sure if they even make them anymore.  It's an "Eclipse Backyard Grill Center."  Bar area on both sides. Anywho, it's free if someone wants to come pick it up.  If not, I'll prolly just trash it.  PM me if you are local and interested.  

• jarc
    jarc Posts: 241
    Options
    @Dyal_SC-- that is a nice looking set up.

LBGE

Misplaced Cajun-----Blytheville, AR

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    @warwoman  did you ever mail that daisy wheel? Just wondering if i should be looking for it. 

I have a jalapeno popper tray, stainless steel that ill be offering up as soon as i dig it out. Anyone want dibs? 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• DeltaNu1142
    DeltaNu1142 Posts: 266
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have a jalapeno popper tray, stainless steel that ill be offering up as soon as i dig it out. Anyone want dibs?
    I have one of those... it can also be used for cooking wings upright, IIRC?

I love these threads. I've been on some moto forums and others where PIF threads flourished and lots of members got lots of use out of them. I'll dig around and see what I have to offer up.
    LBGE | CyberQ | Adjustable Rig | SmokeWare Cap | Kick Ash Basket | Table Build | Tampa, FL
  • warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    Options
    Milesvdustin, haven't mailed it yet. Looking for a suitable box, and hope to get it on it's way sometime this coming week.
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    Options
    Distraught and devastated. My 4yr old girl needs tubes for her ears and after insurance i still have to pay 2k out of pocket. With that being said i sold my eggs last night and am getting rid of other things as well to come up with that $. I have these items up for grabs, large gasket and etc. PM me and if you can help with shipping i would appreciate it. These are just reminders of my eggs. I had just got this gasket too and was excited to slap it on  :s Gauge won't fit an egg unless a drill bit is used to widen the opening. Corn holders were never used, only for entertainment while at work and having eggdrawals! Permatex will go with the gasket. Just looking to turn this into a positive somehow :perturbed: 

Austin, Tx
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @bgeaddikt

April fools?

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options

=)@kl8ton: where did you get those costs? Reason I am asking is if you have insurance, even with a deductible that requires you to pay all costs till met, you should get the discounted cost of the procedures. The insurance company negotiates these, and they can be significant. Just asking cause they can vary regionally by facility.

Used to be in the medical/pharmacy insurance field so know just enough to be dangerous.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • kl8ton
    Options
    @evie1370

I googled how much do tubes in ears cost and that is the first thing that popped up.  I am on high alert for April fools jokes.  :)

I know healthcare costs are high and insurance is the main reason for that.  I don't know how it works in the rest of the country, but with 6 kids, the bills add up.  They have routine stuff done and I get the bills, we have an HSA account and good insurance.  I just tell them i can't pay the bills all in one lump sum, so they put me on a zero interest payment plan.  I pay $28 per month on a couple thousand dollars of medical bills i have.  We have a weekly appointment for speech therapy for two of our kids.  If we pay out of pocket without involving insurance, the cost is $280, if we run it through insurance, they bill insurance $620 or something like that.  Insane.

Grand Rapids MI
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Obamacare? 

High Deductible?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    Options
    This doesn't make sense to me. Even if you do have a balance due after insurance, the providers will work out a payment plan. Tubes in the ear are not an emergency, shop around with other surgeons and hospitals.
    One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • bgeaddikt
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I wish it were April fools related. The deductible is 2k. We have to come up with that before any procedure can be done. Another egghead on this forum was generous enough to extend his eggs and whole house with BBQ guru wifi if i ever get the itch, and i will def take him up on that. Im just bummed more then anything but know its just a matter of time until i get ahold of another egg after all this.
    Austin, Tx
  • bgeaddikt
    Options
    They said no payment plan. About $600-$700 in doctors fees aside from that deductible. Its not an emergency per say but she can't hear anybody talking if they use their inside voice or whisper louder then usual. We have to raise our voices and when she talks she speaks louder then others because she can't hear herself due to her hearing. Her sinuses are constantly running due to the drainage issue in her ears. Im juat glad i was able to make my money back that i spent on my eggs and didnt take a hit there either  :)
    Austin, Tx
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    Good luck @bgeaddikt

Procedures early in the year always suck with that unmet deductible, at least after this you'll be clear of it for anything else this year.  That's helped us in the past.
  • kl8ton
    Options
    What's more important, hearing or eating?  All joking aside, this really sucks @bgeaddikt and I hope that the operation is a success.  I would do the same thing to keep my child healthy.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • THEBuckeye
    Options
    As patients are now paying higher and higher deductibles and co-pays, a much higher percentage of of their A/R is patient responsibility and the docs are getting more aggressive to go after it.  They have payrolls to meet, lights to turn on, malpractice insurance to pay,  personnel to chase the money due by the insurers, etc. etc. As a result, many providers are requiring the patient to pay their portion in advance. 

It the doctor is employed by a large hospital organization (as more and more are) the requirement to collect the patient portion in advance is made by executives in the C-Suite - not the individual doctor.

Software products exist  and are commonly deployed to "estimate" the patient portion by knocking the expected procedure CPT codes, the amount the physician has been contracted to be paid by the Insurer  against the patient's eligibility, deductible and insurance plan specifics (80/20, 90/10, etc.)in real time making it easy to demonstrate and require up front the patient portion due. 

A private doctor not employed by a larger medical entity may be more willing to work with your situation.  Further, it's not always apparent of the doctor is employed by the larger entity. Ask.

We went through two sets of tubes following by another surgery to actually graft the eardrum with our daughter so be aware that the first set of tubes may not be the last. 

Good luck. Get on the phone and find a private ENT and find out where they have hospital privileges. It may not be at the hospital of your choice. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• THEBuckeye
    Options

kl8ton said:
    @evie1370

I googled how much do tubes in ears cost and that is the first thing that popped up.  I am on high alert for April fools jokes.  :)

I know healthcare costs are high and insurance is the main reason for that.  I don't know how it works in the rest of the country, but with 6 kids, the bills add up.  They have routine stuff done and I get the bills, we have an HSA account and good insurance.  I just tell them i can't pay the bills all in one lump sum, so they put me on a zero interest payment plan.  I pay $28 per month on a couple thousand dollars of medical bills i have.  We have a weekly appointment for speech therapy for two of our kids.  If we pay out of pocket without involving insurance, the cost is $280, if we run it through insurance, they bill insurance $620 or something like that.  Insane.

What they bill and what they contracted to be paid are two separate matters. 

New Albany, Ohio 

• evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options

:)@kl8ton agreed, when I was diagnosed with cancer...and this was 10 years ago..it was prohibitive. And I had good insurance then. But all ended well for me but it took years for us to dig out of the financial mess.

@bgeaddikt As you know taking care of your child is the most  important thing, we wince when we do it but we do it. I hope all goes well for your child as it should. I know here in Cincy if it is a levy hospital (one of the public ones that take tax payer money through levies) they are required to adjust the bill based on income and/or work with the patient on a payment plan. Children's Hospital is one of them. @thebuckeye has some good points also. That is what the levy hospitals are required to do here.

Take care, and my apologies for taking over the thread...take care of you and yours. :)

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • bgeaddikt
    Options

Very valuable info! Will speak with the wifey regarding this matter and follow up costs as well. Now lets get back to the pay it forward topic

Austin, Tx
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @tgs2401Tom thank you very much for the smoked salt! That was both unexpected and very kind sir! Do you have any recommendations to test it out with?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC.