Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini joins the family with ? please

Options
2»

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Mr. Lit what did you use for a drip pan for that 6lb. Roast? Man does that
    Look good.
    No drip pan. One thing to remember with the mini for long cooks is the radiant heat from the platesetter will burn the bottom. I flip rotate the meat on longer cooks.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Just to give you an idea of what the Mini will do. In 2011 we sent a Mini to Afghanistan for a unit. The Cpt had 23 solders who were very well fed steaks, chicken, etc from that one Mini. How many in your family?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    8.4 lb Butt 14 hours 45 mins at 225 fresh lump and dry peach for smoke.
    best of luck, and make sure you buy your wife some incredible jewelry. You will be asking for forgiveness frequently as the owner of the BGE, because of what you will spend from this day forward. Grease the skids now!
    have fun!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • sirlancealot
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Just to give you an idea of what the Mini will do. In 2011 we sent a Mini to Afghanistan for a unit. The Cpt had 23 solders who were very well fed steaks, chicken, etc from that one Mini. How many in your family?
    How many in my family? 5 kids and the wife and I. The large stays home
    And I keep the mini with me in the big truck until I get home.
  • sirlancealot
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    best of luck, and make sure you buy your wife some incredible jewelry. You will be asking for forgiveness frequently as the owner of the BGE, because of what you will spend from this day forward. Grease the skids now!
    have fun!
    By the way, I did buy her a 14 carrot white gold 3 studded diamond ring
    For our anniversary/her birthday. Thank the Lord.

We got married on her 24th. Birthday 17yrs. Ago. Thanks for your 
    Comment. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    have fun!

Comment. 
    You are a good man, and fortunate to be able to cover both events with such a nice gift. Our anniversary is coming up in April, as is My Beautiful Wife's Birthday. She will not allow the one gift rule anymore. She points at all the BGEs, Yetis etc., and just says no.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    have fun!

Comment. 
    You are a good man, and fortunate to be able to cover both events with such a nice gift. Our anniversary is coming up in April, as is My Beautiful Wife's Birthday. She will not allow the one gift rule anymore. She points at all the BGEs, Yetis etc., and just says no.
         YukonRon,  I am in the same boat as you.  Anniversary the 10th, birthday the 25th.  I loathe this time of year.  Valentines, anniversary, birthday, mothers day, all in quick succession.  I love my wife and enjoy getting gifts for her, but after 34 years, it's getting really difficult to come up with different ideas.  I need to locate and hire a gift planner.
      And  sirlancealot, a high five on that gift.  Sounds like you have a great wife there.  Congratulations!!!!  

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• Robo2015
    Robo2015 Posts: 267
    Options
    Damn! I don't even know which picture to comment on...they all look awesome!
    A Lonely Single Large Egg

North Shore of Massachusetts
  • Robo2015
    Robo2015 Posts: 267
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Good for you Mickey.  What an outstanding idea.  
    A Lonely Single Large Egg

North Shore of Massachusetts
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    There are some legit "mini" Rockstars on this forum!
  • sirlancealot
    Options
    FarmerTom said:
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    have fun!

Comment. 
         YukonRon,  I am in the same boat as you.  Anniversary the 10th, birthday the 25th.  I loathe this time of year.  Valentines, anniversary, birthday, mothers day, all in quick succession.  I love my wife and enjoy getting gifts for her, but after 34 years, it's getting really difficult to come up with different ideas.  I need to locate and hire a gift planner.
      And  sirlancealot, a high five on that gift.  Sounds like you have a great wife there.  Congratulations!!!!  
    Farmer Tom here is an idea, make sure your wife doesn't read this.
    One year I sent my wife on a treasure hunt
    With much planning, here it is, 

It started with me going to the mall to Victoria 
    Secret, gift wrapped her present and left it with the manager. Left an address there for her to go to the next stop.

That led her to the already reserved full body massage parlor including facial.

While she was getting that I sent a dozen roses from next door to greet her at the front desk when she was finished "Of course with another address to the next stop".

That led her to the already reserved restaurant where I was there waiting for her. And the rest 
    Is history. 

BAM, home run..

"Quick Note",  I was not with her, everything 
    Was on a time frame she could not be late.

I gave her the first address, no name of the 
    Stores and told her to have a good day and follow instructions to the tee. And don't ask 
    No questions. 

Alright fellas, I'm going to let out a little secret.  Go get the book "light her fire" And she will love you with a new attitude. 

I forgot the authors name, it's a woman. I hope this helps. 
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Nice cooks welcome to the club.
    Seattle, WA
  • YukonRon
    Options
    FarmerTom said:
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    have fun!

Comment. 
    Farmer Tom here is an idea, make sure your wife doesn't read this.
    One year I sent my wife on a treasure hunt
    With much planning, here it is, 

It started with me going to the mall to Victoria 
    Secret, gift wrapped her present and left it with the manager. Left an address there for her to go to the next stop.

That led her to the already reserved full body massage parlor including facial.

While she was getting that I sent a dozen roses from next door to greet her at the front desk when she was finished "Of course with another address to the next stop".

That led her to the already reserved restaurant where I was there waiting for her. And the rest 
    Is history. 

BAM, home run..

"Quick Note",  I was not with her, everything 
    Was on a time frame she could not be late.

I gave her the first address, no name of the 
    Stores and told her to have a good day and follow instructions to the tee. And don't ask 
    No questions. 

Alright fellas, I'm going to let out a little secret.  Go get the book "light her fire" And she will love you with a new attitude. 

I forgot the authors name, it's a woman. I hope this helps. 
    Right on.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    Options
    That's a cool idea.  If we lived closer to a city, might could work that out (we're a good hour away from anywhere that would offer such services.).  But my real issue is that beginning April 10, I have three occasions in less than a month that MUST be recognized sufficiently.  Growing up, we didn't get so wrapped up in special days.  Birthday - maybe a cake, a small present or two, and get back to work.  Valentines Day, a card from mom.  But my wife's family is a different story.  Been a bit of a learning curve.  With luck, I'll be getting a new hip in there sometime and maybe I'll get a pass this year on one or two of em. :):)  

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• sirlancealot
    Options
    I believe after 34yrs you have proved yourself and being together still is such a blessing. 
    I'm sure whatever you do she will appreciate it.

I will pray for your hip situation and good health.