Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cleaning up the egg...

Options
SirKeats
SirKeats Posts: 159
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm putting a new seal on my egg for the gentleman who purchased it (for those who don't recall... I'm selling my small and getting a large at the eggs by the bay eggfest).[p]I figured while I have the metal rings off I might as well clean it up as much as I can for him. The eggfest is only a little more than a week away and I want to have it spiffy for him when I turn it over.[p]That said... what's the cleaning procedure for these things? Just a light brushing with a wire brush? More? Less? Any info much appreciated![p]Thanks!

Comments

• Dublin Dawg
    Options
    SirKeats,
    Don't forget to pack your egg's toothbrush, and remind him to wear clean underwear. Remind him that you put him up for adoption to a good family, and that you will write often, and visit whenever you can. These things can be emotional for a little egg.......

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    SirKeats,
    before you dismantle and change the gasket, let it go nuke for a bit to clean the inside.[p]as it cools, when just warm, use a little barkeeper's friend or boraxo on the thing with a good rinse....[p]wd40 on the nuts, draft door, etc.[p]don't super-clean the daisy tho

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • SirKeats
    SirKeats Posts: 159
    Options
    Dublin Dawg,[p]hehehe... will do!!!