Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cleaning up the egg...

SirKeatsSirKeats Posts: 159
edited 10:35AM in EggHead Forum
I'm putting a new seal on my egg for the gentleman who purchased it (for those who don't recall... I'm selling my small and getting a large at the eggs by the bay eggfest).[p]I figured while I have the metal rings off I might as well clean it up as much as I can for him. The eggfest is only a little more than a week away and I want to have it spiffy for him when I turn it over.[p]That said... what's the cleaning procedure for these things? Just a light brushing with a wire brush? More? Less? Any info much appreciated![p]Thanks!
·

Comments

• SirKeats,
    Don't forget to pack your egg's toothbrush, and remind him to wear clean underwear. Remind him that you put him up for adoption to a good family, and that you will write often, and visit whenever you can. These things can be emotional for a little egg.......

·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    SirKeats,
    before you dismantle and change the gasket, let it go nuke for a bit to clean the inside.[p]as it cools, when just warm, use a little barkeeper's friend or boraxo on the thing with a good rinse....[p]wd40 on the nuts, draft door, etc.[p]don't super-clean the daisy tho

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • SirKeatsSirKeats Posts: 159
    Dublin Dawg,[p]hehehe... will do!!!
    ·