Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Show us your shop/man-cave. And what hobbies do you have in it?

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The woodshop:

The rehearsal space:

EDIT:  Why Photobucket is now displaying my pics in three different sizes (two hard to see) I have no idea.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @YEMTrey Brewmaster?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Botch said:
    The woodshop:

The rehearsal space:

EDIT:  Why Photobucket is now displaying my pics in three different sizes (two hard to see) I have no idea.  
    I see a fine collection of Bridge City tools on the left side. Care to post a better picture of that valuable collection? I started mine years ago before the original company went belly up, but I prize each and every one. As for the planes in the middle - those are collectors and not users - right?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    That smells familiar.
    Flint, Michigan
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    RRP said:
    This is my off-site cave.  I rent space in it.  For bikes and boats. 
    What year and model Benz is that in the back corner? It run?
    That looks like Dalton's Benz from Roadhouse. 
  • Botch
    Options
    Ron said:
    I see a fine collection of Bridge City tools on the left side. Care to post a better picture of that valuable collection? I started mine years ago before the original company went belly up, but I prize each and every one. As for the planes in the middle - those are collectors and not users - right?
    Good eye on the Bridge City (especially with that crappy photo).  I didn't know they went TU, guess that's why they no longer send me catalogs.  :(
    The planes are all "users", mostly a mix of hand-tuned Stanleys, Records, and beautiful Lie-Nielsen's.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Wish I could tell you cuz you'd never believe what goes on in my cave.  See ya soon mutha flippa  ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    RRP said:
    This is my off-site cave.  I rent space in it.  For bikes and boats. 
    What year and model Benz is that in the back corner? It run?
    @RRP That's my buddy's 500 SL, I think it's a 1998.  It works perfectly, although the AC has an evaporator leak, so we add freon now and then.  He's also my landlord at this shop....and he's in Africa for a couple months beating up the trails on motorcycles and humping African princesses.  (I actually speak the truth here).
    Options
    I'm not proud of the mess, but it is well used.  Here, I'm replacing the brake discs on a John Deere.  The rear axle housing has to be removed to access them. 

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    FarmerTom said:
    I'm not proud of the mess, but it is well used.  Here, I'm replacing the brake discs on a John Deere.  The rear axle housing has to be removed to access them. 

I like your jack stand!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    Options
    jabam said:
    I like your jack stand!
    I made it.  I had previously borrowed one from a friend when I had to completely disassemble the rear end and transmission in another tractor to replace a broken gear.  But another neighbor had borrowed it shortly after me and has had a tractor tore apart setting on it ever since.  
       So I realized I had most of the steel laying around, buy the screws and casters and start cutting and welding.  Not as adjustable as the one my friend has, but it works pretty well.  
       Or are you referring to that good ol chunk of wood helping support the rear end?  Lots of those setting around shops out here in the country.  Comes in right handy.  

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• ScottNC
    ScottNC Posts: 240
    Options
    Pretty simple, a bench to fix stuff, a bench to reload stuff, a wall to store stuff. Getting messy, time to do a little clean-up and some reloading for spring.

Western, North Carolina

Large, MiniMax, Blackstone 17" Smashburger Griddle & Stuff

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Options
    blasting said:

Great thread idea @nolaegghead

Although the term "man cave" is not one of my favorites.  

Agreed.  I hate the term man cave.  I first became aware of it when my buddy won a tall trophy at a NAGA competition and said to me and our coach "I'm putting this in my man cave!"
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Me too.  That's why I call my shop the "ManBearCave".  It is half man, half bear and half cave.
    Options
    Botch said:
    The woodshop:

The rehearsal space:

Awesome!   We have the same interests, not to mention the Egg.

New Brunswick, Canada

• Botch
    Options
    RRP said:
    I see a fine collection of Bridge City tools on the left side. Care to post a better picture of that valuable collection? I started mine years ago before the original company went belly up, but I prize each and every one. As for the planes in the middle - those are collectors and not users - right?
    A couple more up-close:

• Botch
    Options

Sure wish I had room for a detached shop, that's cool!  

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I built that right after Katrina to replace the crappy corrugated steel shed that had most of the roof torn up.
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Botch said:
    RRP said:
    A couple more up-close:

Thanks! Here's a shot of my Bridge City collection. You said you didn't know the company went bankrupt. Then you probably don't know that when the company emerged from bankruptcy they announced they would not honor the life time calibration and repair policy that you got when you bought yours.

• Botch
    Options
    RRP said:  You said you didn't know the company went bankrupt. Then you probably don't know that when the company emerged from bankruptcy they announced they would not honor the life time calibration and repair policy that you got when you bought yours.
    No, I didn't, thanks for the info.  But:
    1)  I don't see my tools needing calibration nor repair during my lifetime, and
    2)  I bought into a "club" with the original company when I bought my first tools, wherein I'd get my Initials engraved in every tool I bought, sales advances, newsletters, etc; none of that was ever honored, either.   :|

You have that adjustable centerline/marking gauge, wish I'd popped for that when I had the chance.   

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Botch said:
    RRP said:  You said you didn't know the company went bankrupt. Then you probably don't know that when the company emerged from bankruptcy they announced they would not honor the life time calibration and repair policy that you got when you bought yours.
    No, I didn't, thanks for the info.  But:
    1)  I don't see my tools needing calibration nor repair during my lifetime, and
    2)  I bought into a "club" with the original company when I bought my first tools, wherein I'd get my Initials engraved in every tool I bought, sales advances, newsletters, etc; none of that was ever honored, either.   :|

You have that adjustable centerline/marking gauge, wish I'd popped for that when I had the chance.   
    That adjustable centerline gauge demonstrates the precision that was designed and manufactured into these reasonably prices tools. The new company has priced "everything" in the collector - not the "user/hobbyist/tool appreciator" range. If you don't have hundreds if not thousands to spend for single tools made by them then pass them by! 
  • HarveyLytle
    Options
    I call it my Basement Kitchen. I do all of my bacon here among other things.
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Hey @Tomjohn - why are you hiding that Grizzly behind the Teryx? You've got a killer shop there.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    You guys are pretty amazing.  Just saying.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Tomjohn
    Tomjohn Posts: 45
    Options
    minniemoh said:
    Hey @Tomjohn - why are you hiding that Grizzly behind the Teryx? You've got a killer shop there.
    You know you atv's to notice a grizzly by looking at the rear tire .
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Tomjohn said:
    minniemoh said:
    You know you atv's to notice a grizzly by looking at the rear tire .
    I'm a Yamaha guy. I have a couple of em.  ;) I like the Kawi too. They're a very nice machine. I might end up with one like that soon since I have 3 little ones.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!