Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rtic Ship Date

Options
12346»

Comments

• kwdickert
    kwdickert Posts: 308
    Options
    Anybody got any ideas about them actually getting up and having stock somewhere? I'm not really interested in ordering and waiting til June or so. Anyone have one for sale? 45 white?
    Memphis TN - Large Green Egg
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    REI dividends come out this month along with the 20% coupon. I'll be joining Club Yeti again this year. No need to wait until the end of summer for a cooler to arrive. 
  • Eggzellent
    Eggzellent Posts: 238
    edited March 2016
    Options
     I'll be joining Club Yeti again this year. No need to wait until the end of summer for a cooler to arrive. 
    I went with the new 55 quart wheeled Pelican with smaller top access lid from Ultimate Passage for $350 delivered (Pelican requires a $50,000 minimum; waiting for their order to fill)..yet the RTIC certainly looks good for the price.
    http://www.rei.com/product/898553/pelican-elite-wheeled-cooler-55-qt
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
     I'll be joining Club Yeti again this year. No need to wait until the end of summer for a cooler to arrive. 
    I went with the new 55 quart wheeled Pelican with smaller top access lid from Ultimate Passage for $350 delivered (Pelican requires a $50,000 minimum; waiting for their order to fill)..yet the RTIC certainly looks good for the price.
    http://www.rei.com/product/898553/pelican-elite-wheeled-cooler-55-qt
    I didn't know about the Pelican 55qt tailgater until now. Now I need one...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • volfan1
    volfan1 Posts: 164
    Options
    Got my RTIC 45 in today. Nice cooler & will be perfect size for road trips.
    XL & Mini & knock off medium. Western North Carolina. Formerly Franklin, TN. Formerly in Palm Harbor, FL. 
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    got my 45 last night as well.  very glad i purchased it.  excellent quality.  hopefully my 20 gets here next week
  • TheRainMan
    Options

You — 
    I am checking in on my order - WXXXXXXX - was supposed to have shipped Friday (at the latest). Haven't received any tracking update
    Mary
    One moment while I look that up for you.
    You — 
    Ordered last October
    Mary
    I do apologize for the delay and any inconvenience it may be causing. Our latest shipment from our manufacturer was delayed. I anticipate your cooler will ship by the end of next week.
    You — 
    I was told earlier this week that you had received a large shipment of this product
    It was being sent out Thursday or Friday
    Mary
    I do apologize that you were given incorrect information.
    We are still waiting on that shipment.
    You — 
    There are several other companies selling this same product - could have received this months ago. You have had my money for months now - and giving me misinformation
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options

There are several other companies selling this same product - could have received this months ago. You have had my money for months now - and giving me misinformation
    Please share with us the several other companies selling the same product at the same price.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

Please share with us the several other companies selling the same product at the same price.
    Who cares about the price there's a bunch of people on here with $1000 grills we aren't poor. why anyone would wait months for a non proven product to save $100 still confuses me. I just spent $100 on light bulbs because our new chandelier had 3k led instead of 5k like the rest of the house. 
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Lit said:
    Photo Egg said:

Who cares about the price there's a bunch of people on here with $1000 grills we aren't poor. why anyone would wait months for a non proven product to save $100 still confuses me. I just spent $100 on light bulbs because our new chandelier had 3k led instead of 5k like the rest of the house. 
    Aaaaahhhh...because it was their choice. If money was no object they would would have paid more money and bought local. Poster implied several other companies selling the same product. Wanted to know if I might be me missing something besides "venting".
    Orders with RTIC could be cancelled at any time but some still **** insread of cancelling and ordering from another company.
    I do applaude your attention to light color and decorating...lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Lit
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Lit said:
    Photo Egg said:

The point was we spend $100 here on minor things why save $100 on a non proven product? Costco has a round ceramic thing with stand and raised direct cooking for $599 right now you got ripped off on your egg you could have saved a lot of money why would you ever buy an egg?its ceramic and cooks must be the same thing. You won't even have to wait 4 months and it has cost is warranty which is better than the eggs. Everyone sell your eggs and get the new onecostcois selling quick!
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I'm kind of with Lit on this one.  We have all spent thousands + on our Eggs and accessories.
    I don't want to know how many times I've dropped a couple hundred on useless things.  Truth be told.  I was saving credit card rewards to buy a YETI cooler.  However, when the RTIC's became available at half the cost, I ordered and dropped the cash on it.  Could I live without it, most likely.  But this is a fun hobby and if it enables me to enjoy it even more and if it causes a couple of trips that I wouldn't have taken, even better.
    I'm ashamed to tell y'all what I paid to get my Mini Max when they first came out.  However, everyday on this forum there's a thread stating "should I buy a Mini Max", "best price on a Mini Max", etc.  I can guarantee you that whatever I did "overspend" on mine, I have gotten more than that much enjoyment out of using it from day one.
    I apologize for the disorganized rant, but we are all on this forum due to spending a ****-ton of money on grills, accessories, meat and toys.  To keep arguing about money, especially $100 here or there seems trivial. 

Time for a beer, cheers!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Photo Egg
    Options
    Lit said:
    Photo Egg said:
    Lit said:
    Photo Egg said:

The point was we spend $100 here on minor things why save $100 on a non proven product? Costco has a round ceramic thing with stand and raised direct cooking for $599 right now you got ripped off on your egg you could have saved a lot of money why would you ever buy an egg?its ceramic and cooks must be the same thing. You won't even have to wait 4 months and it has cost is warranty which is better than the eggs. Everyone sell your eggs and get the new onecostcois selling quick!
    Costo warranty is different than BGE. They will return your money or replace "only" as long as they carry the same product. I would not want a product that my only option is to pack up my entire ceramic cooker and take it back to the store just because my fire box cracked. So no, I don't think  Costco warrantee is better on a ceramic cooker.
    Point is, we all have the choice. Is the wait worth the money savings? All reviews I have seen give the RTIC products sparkeling reviews. I have not seen one complaint due to poor quality of the product and they have a longer warrantee than Yeti.
    Now your complaint is calling RTIC "unproven".  Time will tell.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    If some of you have $100 to burn, please send them to me. I'll put them to good use.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    saying its $100 is also minimizing it, by a lot.  most if not all of them are 50% off the prices of the comparable yeti which in most cases is over $100 and even more so when multiples are ordered
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,770
    Options
    100 dollars is my weekly food and beverage budget, that includes the few times i eat out during the year =) my rtic cooler was a huge splurge for me
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Lit
    Options
    tonyled said:
    saying its $100 is also minimizing it, by a lot.  most if not all of them are 50% off the prices of the comparable yeti which in most cases is over $100 and even more so when multiples are ordered
    Yes but it's pretty easy to get deals on them. Roswell hardware runs them 10% off almost all the time and REI lets you use the 20% off coupon on them. At 20% off you only spent $70 less than the Yeti on the 20s and had to wait on something that was questionable. I'm glad everyone is happy with their Rtics but it was questionable for sure before anyone had one.