Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rtic Ship Date

Options

Comments

• volfan1
    volfan1 Posts: 164
    Options
    Anybody else received their coolers yet? Mine is supposed to ship this Friday.
    XL & Mini & knock off medium. Western North Carolina. Formerly Franklin, TN. Formerly in Palm Harbor, FL. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Got notice that mine shipped yesterday.  Should be here this week.  I'll let you know.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Used mine for the first time this past weekend.....great cooler for a great price!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    happy birthday (2/28) to me!  

RTIC 45 - White101Back Ordered02/25/2016
    RTIC 20 - White101Back Ordered03/02/2016
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    was able to keep food from freezing for three sub zero days in mine this past weekend =) sunday morning was minus 12f and the eggs were just starting to get frosty, egg yolks were fully round when frying them up. B) never thought to use a cooler like this before
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eggscuses
    Options

We are talking about a cooler guys, let's keep that in perspective.  This is not crucial to life.  Life is too short to sweat about things like coolers.  Purchase what you like, like it or learn from it and move on.

Agree
    Guys eat a snickers
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Eggscuses said:

We are talking about a cooler guys, let's keep that in perspective.  This is not crucial to life.  Life is too short to sweat about things like coolers.  Purchase what you like, like it or learn from it and move on.

Agree
    Guys eat a snickers
    Interesting thing is, rotomolded coolers got their start with life critical applications (organ transport).

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    So it IS life or death......

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Eggscuses
    Options
    DMW said:
    Eggscuses said:

Agree
    Guys eat a snickers
    Interesting thing is, rotomolded coolers got their start with life critical applications (organ transport).

True, but that's not what they're cranky about.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    I ordered the RTIC 65 (tan) last August, I got an email about delivery that was to take place by February 2016.  Well, I got it around January 27 so they were a couple of weeks ahead even though it didn't arrive in 60-90 days as was originally expected.  I didn't need it over the holidays anyway and I am VERY happy with it.  I did the ice test and it worked out well- five days with 20 lbs and it held up really well.  it's heavy, feels well-built, and I'd rather pay $200 for it than $400.  it is going with us to Mexico next month so i'll see how cold it keeps the beers over five days!
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Yep.  Bought mine with the sole purpose of taking it on vacation and taking it to the lake.  Needed a cooler to keep things cold for four days while camping. Hopefully this is what I need.
    Steve 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Yep.  Bought mine with the sole purpose of taking it on vacation and taking it to the lake.  Needed a cooler to keep things cold for four days while camping. Hopefully this is what I need.
    I got my Yeti's to decorate my garage. Sometimes I put them in the wagon and take them to the pool. They only hold ice for multiple days when I come back too drunk to unload the cooler so it stops my beers from getting warm until Wednesday when I unload them. 
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Been enjoying my YETIs' for months now.  Glad you RTIC boys are finally getting a portion of the taste of a good cooler.  =)
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    My 20 came in today. Looks great and I like the locking carry handle. Noticed on my last trip using the Rtic 45 that the Rtic has a lip to grab and open the cooler and Yeti does not. The lip on the Rtic makes it easier to open especially when there's a vacuum holding the lid closed. That's why some people were breaking the latches on the Yetis using those to open the lid. Something Yeti might want to add to their design. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    @4Runner
    I see what you did there ;)
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• YEMTrey
    Options
    My RTIC Tan 65 arrived today.  This thing is a tank.  Very solidly built.  Can't wait for the first trip to the lake.
    Steve 

• volfan1
    Options
    Well, today is supposedly my ship date. No email from them yet..... :s
    XL & Mini & knock off medium. Western North Carolina. Formerly Franklin, TN. Formerly in Palm Harbor, FL. 
  • volfan1
    Options
    Nothing shipped, and their website still has a 2/19 ship date. I guess I'll give it a week to see if anything changes before I call. Order was placed in October.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    My 20 came in today. Looks great and I like the locking carry handle. Noticed on my last trip using the Rtic 45 that the Rtic has a lip to grab and open the cooler and Yeti does not. The lip on the Rtic makes it easier to open especially when there's a vacuum holding the lid closed. That's why some people were breaking the latches on the Yetis using those to open the lid. Something Yeti might want to add to their design. 
    That is a great idea but if Yeti did, couldnt rtic sue them?   Just sayin'
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    volfan1 said:
    Nothing shipped, and their website still has a 2/19 ship date. I guess I'll give it a week to see if anything changes before I call. Order was placed in October.
    Any update @volfan1 ?
    Steve 

• volfan1
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    volfan1 said:
    Any update @volfan1 ?
    No. I'm going to call them on Friday to see what the deal is if there is no update on the website.
  • tonyled
    Options
    @volfan1 did you order tan or white?
  • volfan1
    Options
    White.
  • volfan1
    Options
    Got a canned response that their most recent shipment from their manufacturer was delayed & that my order will ship ASAP. We'll see. 
  • tonyled
    Options
    i guess i will be more patient then, was hoping to have mine by my birthday but i dont need them by any means
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Well, if cooler companies are going to copy each other then some of them need to look at the KUER coolers. They add a pressure valve, a built-in stainless bottle opener, and drains for the cup holders in the lid.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• YEMTrey
    Options
    Mines ready to go!
    Steve 

• volfan1
    Options
    Just got an email last night that my cooler is on the way. Will be here tomorrow!
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    RTIC now has a entire drinkware line instead of just the 30oz.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• tonyled
    Options
    volfan1 said:
    Just got an email last night that my cooler is on the way. Will be here tomorrow!
    i got the same one.   i assume my 20 will ship next week assuming they stay at a week behind forecasted ship date