Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cedar Plank Trout

Did a couple of trout filletes tonight. On a cedar plank, EVOO, lemon pepper. 400F for about 12 min.  Yum!

On the plank

Plated

Kevin

Beautiful Santa Ynez Valley, CA
XL BGE, Woo2, AR

Comments

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    I would take a plate. Bet it was tasty. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• reload
    reload Posts: 267
    Wow, brings back memories!   Growing up in the foothills of NC we spent a lot of time trout fishing in the mountains near Linville.  Looks delicious,  makes me want to go fishing.
  • 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    @55Kevy Great job! Did you catch those yourself?

@reload Like this? Besides my BGE obsession I have a real problem when it comes to fly fishing! I really don't think there is a cure for it other than more money! The worst of it is that everything has to be bought in twos as my wife fly fishes as well! This is very painful to my wallet and when it comes to fly fishing and egging there is nothing to hold me back! My partner in crime approves of all things BGE and all things fly fishing!

I think I will need an intervention soon!!!

XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • reload
    1move said:
    @55Kevy Great job! Did you catch those yourself?

@reload Like this? Besides my BGE obsession I have a real problem when it comes to fly fishing! I really don't think there is a cure for it other than more money! The worst of it is that everything has to be bought in twos as my wife fly fishes as well! This is very painful to my wallet and when it comes to fly fishing and egging there is nothing to hold me back! My partner in crime approves of all things BGE and all things fly fishing!

I think I will need an intervention soon!!!

Thats a beautiful rainbow!  My late grandfather would only trout fish using a fly rod.  Unfortunately, I was very young at the time and never learned how to fly fish.  Two of my close friends are obsessed with it and I plan on learning this spring.  I'll post a picture of my grandfather fly fishing in the mountains if I can find it.
  • reload
    My grandfather passed when I was 13.  I will turn 40 in August. This photo is at least 70 years old. 
  • 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    Sorry to derail the thread. @reloadI live in the mountains :) here is one of me at the lake it was a cloudy cold day and the other photo is of the lake on a clear day just so you get the visual. That orange thing on my waist is a bear spray as we run into them on occasion. You should pick up fly fishing there is a lot to learn and if you need some help I can help you out. My apologies once again to the OP for derailing the thread!

XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • reload
    My apologies are extended to the OP as well.  However, you my friend, are very fortunate to live in such a beautiful place!  Unbelievable, absolutely amazing! 
  • reload
    55Kevy said:
    Did a couple of trout filletes tonight. On a cedar plank, EVOO, lemon pepper. 400F for about 12 min.  Yum!

On the plank

Plated

I haven't tried trout on the Egg yet.....I know what we will be having this weekend!   
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    reload said:
    My grandfather passed when I was 13.  I will turn 40 in August. This photo is at least 70 years old. 
    looks like Wilson Creek in Caldwell County NC
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • 55Kevy
    55Kevy Posts: 234
    The trout was store bought, but I too am a fly fisherman and enjoyed the derailment!

Kevin

Beautiful Santa Ynez Valley, CA
    XL BGE, Woo2, AR