Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini max price?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I paid $307 including tax.  Plate setter, ash tool, charcoal, carrier, and 18lb SRF Wygu gold brisket, woo, and stone.  My dealer treats me right.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac ... now stop that and get back to work ... it's not Friday night yet!

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac ... now stop that and get back to work ... it's not Friday night yet!
    Yeah lunch is almost over.  I do like stirring the pot though :)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • plumbfir01
    plumbfir01 Posts: 725
    Options
    I was in asheville this weekend visiting family and snooping for one but all dealers wanted 600 plus tax and extra for PS.... 
    Wish I could find one for 500.... Otherwise wife says no dice
    Beaufort, SC
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac- surprised your dealer didn't throw in the brisket extender while at it!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    I walked out with egg only for 525 including tax in Dallas. I wouldn't have considered it for much more since I could get a small for around 450 plus tax
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @clifkincaid, they have them at the GA Mountain Eggfest.  @plumbfir01, they are $500 :smile: 

http://www.mountainegg.com/demo-eggs

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• ekuapa
    ekuapa Posts: 128
    Options
    Olive Branch, MS store has it for $500
    Southaven, MS.
    BGE L
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    My dealer quoted me $649 also so the wife said I could have this for $200 shipped to my house.  Not as good, but does the small cooks ok.  Doesn't use much lump at all.

XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Options
    Mine was $550 for the mm and 50 for the plate setter. He threw in a pizza peel that I needed
  • DJ_IA
    DJ_IA Posts: 10
    Options
    I got a great deal in central Iowa $525 out the door with ps and uncle Sam paid!  
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Forget the platesetter. I've found that low and slows get burned without the added distance of the woo. Then the platesetter doesn't really fit in the woo. So I cut the legs off the platesetter. Trust me, skip the platesetter and get the woo and stone combo. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    @Jeremiah What did you use to cut the legs?  I've been thinking of this idea for my large since I have the AR.
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    A cut off wheel. Similar to a dremel, just bigger. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    Gotcha
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • mdregg3
    Options
    I paid  $538 MM and 44 for ps ,also included bag of charcoal and starter. Ordered but haven't picked up yet. Own a MBGE and love it so looking forward to using the MM!
    MBGE w/PS ,MM w/PS,Smokey Joe Weber,1-18 and 2 - 22 Weber kettles, Weber genesis 310
  • Jwork328
    Options
    538 in central alabama
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    Jwork328 said:
    538 in central alabama
    $538 out the door? Where in central bama? I was just in Montgomery and will be back in a few months.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    $498 all day everyday at Roswell hardware in Roswell GA.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Lit said:
    @Lit   I stopped by yesterday and saw what you were talking about with the fit of the fire ring. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:
    @Lit   I stopped by yesterday and saw what you were talking about with the fit of the fire ring. 
    I just cleaned the ashes out of mine. Pretty crappy that the fire ring is smaller than the firebox. Oh well got burgers going on the mini and Dyals sweet potatoes on the MM and chicken for the week going in the backwoods.
  • A31unit
    A31unit Posts: 199
    edited October 2015
    Options
    It's crazy that the Minimax can be had for such a wide range of prices. I really wanna buy one and my local dealer has them for $599 with no exras.  I hung around the store for 4 or 5 days (lol) and he told me he would do it for $550. Plus tax.   I guess I should be happy.  It's just hard to pay these prices when I know @Lit  and others are saying $498 locally..... Smh
    LBGE. Plate setter, PS Woo2, Flame Boss 200.  Moorestown, South Jersey (about 15 min outside of Philly, Don't hold it against me.  I would most likely rather live where you are)
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    I got 3 quotes at $650 plus tax, no accessories included.  Crazy, but I still want one.....
  • 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    edited March 2016
    Options
    $860 in Alberta, when the dollar was close to even it was $750
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • matoch
    matoch Posts: 135
    Options
    1move said:
    I found out through conversation that the dealer cost is $450 USD so not much room for movement on their part. Up here we pay $700 CAD ($582USD) just for the egg no other accessories
    In edmonton its up to $850 for just the egg
    Edmonton, Alberta - XL & Minimax
  • matoch
    matoch Posts: 135
    Options
    1move said:
    Thats living in canada. No matter how the dollar is we constantly get screwed. I saved almost $1000 ordering a camera lens from the states. Too bad the egg wouldnt have warranty
    Edmonton, Alberta - XL & Minimax
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    I took a photo a couple weeks back in Helsinki.  This is a mini max. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • YouEnjoyMyEgg
    Options
    $475 - Roswell Hardware (Roswell, GA).  No platesetter.  Ash tool and bag of BGE lump included.  + tax of course.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    The MiniMax is not about need but want.   I reeeeeeaaaaalllly wanted one, like how i wanted a schwinn phantom bike in the early 80s or an atari 5200.   I never got the phantom or the 5200 setup and had to wait until well into adulthood to get the toy i always wanted.   It was well worth the wait, the money and the fun i have with the minimax is priceless.  I think it has added years to my life because of how much enjoyment i get out of it
  • 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    edited March 2016
    Options
    matoch said:
    1move said:
    Thats living in canada. No matter how the dollar is we constantly get screwed. I saved almost $1000 ordering a camera lens from the states. Too bad the egg wouldnt have warranty
    @matoch I picked mine up in the states when the dollar was almost even. We go down there at least once a year so the warranty wasn't a deterrent for me. Considering I paid less than half for my XL compared to up here. 
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ