Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Greetings everyone! (Pic Heavy)

Options
I have been a member of this forum for a while now and have enjoyed just reading posts by others and learning a lot through the process.  I joined this forum before getting a kamado cooker.  My wife bought/allowed me to buy a xl kamado cooker and a junior kamado cooker for my birthday and Christmas back in December of 2015.  I do not have a BGE and have a kamado of a different brand so I have been hesitant to posts.  I have had a blast cooking on my kamados and couldn't be happier with the purchase.  I have been able to turn out some good food with the help of information on this forum and other forums.  The advice given on this forum and the other I am a member of has really help me learn the ins and outs of kamado cooking and for that I say thank you.  Since I got my kamado cookers we have only used our oven a few times.  I have baked, seared, grilled, and smoked using my kamado and always look forward to my next cook.  

That about wraps it up in the form of introductions, but I would like to post a sampling of some of my kamado cooks:
This is a sirloin tip roast that I smoked yesterday morning at 225* for 1 hour to reach an internal temp of 135*.  Will be using meat for a meal tonight and leftovers will be used for sandwich meat.
Sausage stuffed pork chops cooked indirect at about 325* for 30 minutes followed by a 5 minute per side sear over the open flame. 

Whole wheat banana bread baked on my kamado at 350* for approximately 45 minutes.  A healthier version of banana bread.
Spatchcock chicken - my first attempt.  Cooked to internal temp of 165* over indirect heat at 375*.
Stuffed bell peppers cooked at 400* for approximately one hour total.  Delicious!
Chicken wings that my wife and I absolutely loved.  Do not think we will be buying wings from a restaurant anytime soon! Cooked at 350* indirect for about 40 minutes.
Bacon wrapped filet mignon, asparagus, and baked potato all done on the grill. 
Delicious slow smoked Boston Butt!
St. Louis style slow smoked ribs that were an absolute hit!5 ingredient smoked macaroni and cheese!Grilled apples with cinnamon and agave nector.Pesto buttered salmon and asparagus.  Turkey meatloaf.

Thanks for having a look!

Chuck

Comments