Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Drinking and showering

Options

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    This is probably the oddest post I have seen in my time here in Eggville. No judgement - just an observation.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Phatchris said:
    When I used to dip that was the best in the shower.... No if I'm in the the shower and it's later than 11 AM there is a can in hand.

edit; beer on the shitter is also great.
    Damnn.. Beer on the shitter..One more reason to get the cocktail fridge installed.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Phatchris said:
    When I used to dip that was the best in the shower.... No if I'm in the the shower and it's later than 11 AM there is a can in hand.

Sorry, I can't do that.

You know what they say, 80 percent of taste is smell.  I am not going to risk eating or drinking something and have it taste 80% like what I might smell in the can.  That's just gross!!!!  I don't want to find out what a beer tastes like if I'm peeing after eating a bunch of asparagus, or munching on a tootsie roll while having the hershey squirts.

Nope, food and drink is off limits for me while I'm taking care of biological business.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Nothing at all wrong with a cocktail in the shower. People drink adult beverages while sitting in hot tubs all the time and nobody gives them sh!t about it. I don't have a hot tub.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    This is probably the oddest post I have seen in my time here in Eggville. No judgement - just an observation.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    For myself, I take about 4 minutes for a shower. I can go that long without a beverage. I did try to save time and brush my teeth as I showered but I didn't see the time savings.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    Whats wrong with bringing a happy soda in the shower? I set mine up on a ledge where the shampoo and soap live, usually shower times out when beer is done. I just figured everyone who drinks did this. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    henapple said:
    SciAggie said:
    Only tards use the word "tard".  
    Flint, Michigan
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Let's go in a different direction.

Flint, Michigan
  • FarmerTom
    Options

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Bump - Because discussions of boobs are always great.
    Flint, Michigan
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    I have brought some Captain and Cokes into the bathroom while I showered and left them on the sink.  Drank before entering the shower and after.  Never thought to bring them into the stall itself.  Chalk up yet another thing I have learned on this forum,  why the heck not.  Although I usually shower at 6:30 AM.  
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    bud812 said:
    I smoke it the shower.
    Wait, what?
    A buddy of mine in college smoked in the shower. It can be done. 
    I've done it!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    I enjoy a nice tuna fish sandwich while i am dropping a deuce. Just me?
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    Well do you have lettuce and mayo on the sammich or plain? It matters..
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    This is also known as Bower. Beer + Shower = Bower. I'm not sure why I know this
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Anyone ever try to shower and towel off at the same time?  Now that's the real trick!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    Does it get weird if you add bacon?
    Jacksonville FL
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Zmokin said:
    Phatchris said:

Sorry, I can't do that.

You know what they say, 80 percent of taste is smell.  I am not going to risk eating or drinking something and have it taste 80% like what I might smell in the can.  That's just gross!!!!  I don't want to find out what a beer tastes like if I'm peeing after eating a bunch of asparagus, or munching on a tootsie roll while having the hershey squirts.

Nope, food and drink is off limits for me while I'm taking care of biological business.

For these reasons, I could never do this with a really good beer. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Options
    I'm guessing it is just you.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Anyone ever try to shower and towel off at the same time?  Now that's the real trick!
    I used to suck at this until I switched from a washcloth to a loofa. Now my skin is supple and dry while I shower. 
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Is said Tuna caned or raw? :D

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    edited February 2016
    Options
    henapple said:
    SciAggie said:
    Now I didn't go that far, lol. It's rather that the scope of egg culture sometimes amazes me...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 686
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Zmokin said:
    Phatchris said:

Sorry, I can't do that.

So you could do it with a mediocre beer no problem?
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    PBR and pooping, no problem. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I've had beers that smelled worse...
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Got a bad, bad feeling the worst is yet to come.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited February 2016
    Options
    LOL, I take a whiskey in the shower frequently.  Thomas Hudson needed a whiskey when he shaved after coming off the boat when it was cold and stormy and so do I.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    I've had beers that smelled worse...
    If I had a beer that smelled worse than asparagus pee, I wouldn't drink it.
    But that's just the way I am.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Foghorn
    Options
    Elijah said:
    Foghorn said:
    Zmokin said:
    Phatchris said:

Sorry, I can't do that.

So you could do it with a mediocre beer no problem?

Yep.  On days when I am drinking mediocre beer my behavioral standards are lower. 

I'm trying to decide what beer to bring to Salado.

San Antonio, TX