Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm tired of the anti-well done snobs

Options

Comments

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    I just ate raw bacon and raw duck (prosciutto though,  so not "raw"-raw)

take back the house! Post your raw meat pics here:

Duck boob prosciutto

and i ate the oddball trimmings of some garlic bacon too. My youngest loves this stuff. 

No Pics on my phone of my biggest stretch re eating raw. But that was 100-day dry aged carpaccio. 

My steaks i prefer med/rare. But on a roast i love the well done crisp stuff on the end too. No shame in that
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    And now, some sage words from Gordon...

Flint, Michigan
  • theyolksonyou
    Options

Lunch, wasn't even "sashimi grade"
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    My point exactly.  All the photos of rare meat. All the claims of ignorance and lack of education.  I was even called a troll.  I shouldn't have even tried.  Carry on ...
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    A still "bloody" venison hind quarter. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    SGH said:
    The red is on the outside. That is a smoke ring, very nice.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hub said:
    My point exactly.  All the photos of rare meat. All the claims of ignorance and lack of education.  I was even called a troll.  I shouldn't have even tried.  Carry on ...
    You're absolutely right, @Hub !
    You tell 'em.  I gotchur back.  They're all under-educated heathens!
    (A few of 'em even support Donald:s)
     :| 
     B) 

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• SGH
    Options
    Hub said:
      I shouldn't have even tried.  
    For what it's worth, I'm just messing with you. No harm no foul on my part. If I had to guess, I would say that others are just doing the very same. All in fun my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm still hung up on the idea that green pepper and ass taste the same! Somebody is taking too big of bites and the other person needs to check herself for a fungus amongus. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    You started this thread by claiming you've had to put up with a bunch of attitude over your preference.  So far the only real attitude I hear is yours.  Then again, I don't give a flying carnal knowledge what's on your plate.
    Round here we say, "don't start none, won't be none."
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @chubbs ok I'm ignoring the bloody meat but tell me what's on top and what's the side????
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Hub said:
    Even at 89 post you had to know what you were up against when you started this thread. Most here eat their beef rare to med rare.  I couldn't give a care how you eat your beef but if you don't want rare crammed down your throat don't crammed the well done down ours.  Chill dude & eat how you eat.  No worries 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    @RRP you dpn't know if green pepper and ass taste the same? Sounds like it is time to try some green pepper! :)
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• SGH
    Options
    DMW said:
    SGH said:
    Thanks buddy. If you click on the pick and enlarge it, you can see a err, "bloodline" in the center. Well it may not be blood, but it's a red liquid so close enough ;)

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    Options
    SGH said:
    DMW said:
    SGH said:
    Thanks buddy. If you click on the pick and enlarge it, you can see a err, "bloodline" in the center. Well it may not be blood, but it's a red liquid so close enough ;)
    Ahh, I see it now, but how did you get that "bloodline" around the outside? ;)
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    Options
    DMW said:
    Ahh, I see it now, but how did you get that "bloodline" around the outside? ;)
    This was cooked on one of the big units with nothing but wood for fuel. Wood will do it every time brother D.

Status- Standing by.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    @RRP you dpn't know if green pepper and ass taste the same? Sounds like it is time to try some green pepper! :)
    I think a side-by-side taste test is in order.
    Flint, Michigan
  • bill37
    bill37 Posts: 127
    Options
    Thank You for your service!!!   You are cooking and you are eating so whatever you want is fine with me. I am sick and tired of this poltacal correct crap!
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited February 2016
    Options
  • DMW
    Options
    bill37 said:
    Thank You for your service!!!   You are cooking and you are eating so whatever you want is fine with me. I am sick and tired of this poltacal correct crap!
    What does this have to do with political correctness? Just curious, not trolling.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    @dmw #welldonelivesmatter
  • eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    Options
    Luckily I have never had anyone tell me how I like my meat. And I don't care how anybody else eats theirs. To each his own.
    Eggo in N. MS
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    I think a side-by-side taste test is in order.
    How the hell did we get to this point? 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    I like my meatloaf well-done.  Does that count for something? :anguished: 
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Hey, I like my beef so well done, it's stiff, brittle and crunchy.  There is no substitute!

Sorry, did I say "beef"?  I meant to say "bacon".
    Flint, Michigan
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    You can't beat my meat. 
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Hub said:
    I don't care how another person eats his or her meat.  To each his or her own, but I'm tired of being told I am wrong for liking my meat brown instead of red.  I will eat it the way I want ... thank you very much.

A quote from Mr Mom.....you are doing it wrong.   lol

Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    You can't beat my meat. 
    (He says to other women, when his wife is within earshot)
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    johnnyp said:

How the hell did we get to this point? 
    Saturday. It's the new Friday. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle