Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Que Cal-Year in Review

Options
jfm0830
jfm0830 Posts: 987
edited February 2016 in EggHead Forum
This is my second post after being away since July. Every year I make a calendar in November using iPhoto that reflects my yearly grilling/smoking activity from Thanksgiving of the previous year. Despite being away from the grill for 6 months I still had been busy before and after. This is a quick way to catch up posting what I have been up to. I will include the captions from the calendar if anyone is curious what some of the pictures are.

COVERSimple Stir-Fried Spinach (Top Left), Hawaiian BBQ Pizza (Middle Left), Bourbon Brined Pork Chops (Bottom Left),  Honey-Crusted Glazed Lamb (Bottom Center Left), Pork Skewers with Cherry-Pineapple Glaze (Bottom Center Right), Kamado Brunswick Stew (Bottom Right), Summer Succotash (Middle Right), Biscuit Breakfast Pudding (Top Right), Yours Truly @ Eggtoberfest 2014 (Top Center).

JANUARY: Record Setting  Winter (Top Left), Honey-Wheat Dinner Rolls (Top Right, Bottom Center), Sliced Pork Roast (Bottom Left), Italian Sausage Smoke Bomb (Middle Center),  Get a Book Brisket (Middle Right) , Chuck Roast Crusted w Garlic Salt (Bottom Right)

FEBRUARY: Valentine’s Day 2015:  Chuck Roast Crusted with Garlic Salt & Instant Coffee, New Potatoes with Old Bay & Dill and Rosemary & Cheddar Cheese Bread.

MARCH: Cajun Style Meal:  Jambalaya with Beef and Maple Skillet Cornbread.

APRIL: Easter 2015: Honey-Curry Glazed Lamb, Hot Cross Buns and Hermits.

MAY: Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza Pie with The Works

JUNE: Italian Themed Meal: Pork Braciole and Chewy Italian Rolls.

JULY: Irish Beef Stew.

AUGUST: Where’s the Beef (Ribs):   Barbecued Beef Back Ribs (Top Left, Top Center, Right), Grill Roasted Beef Short Ribs (Middle Left, Middle Center, Bottom Left).

SEPTEMBER: Kebabs:  Pork Skewers (Top, Left, Bottom Left, Bottom Center, Bottom Right), Jerk Beef Kebabs with Pine Apple Salsa (Top Right, Middle Center, Middle Right).

OCTOBER: Stir Fries:  Pineapple Fried Rice (Top Left), Pork Fried Rice, Pork Chow Mein, Shredded Pork w/ Garlic Chives (Top Right), Pineapple Fried Rice,  Sliced Lamb w/ Scallion (Bottom Left), Egg Drop Soup (Middle Center, Middle Right). Hot & Sour Soup (Bottom Center & Right).

NOVEMBER: Thanksgiving 2014: Creole Butter Turkey, Tart Cranberry Dipping Sauce, New England Thanksgiving Bread, Nantucket Cranberry Cake and Apple Spice Cake.

DECEMBER: Christmas 2014: Rib Roast with Mustard & Pepper and Smoked Baked Potatoes

_____

I noticed there are a lot of new users here since I posted last, so I thought I would invite you to stop by my website GRILLIN' & SMOKIN'. It is just a hobby site, I like photography too and the site allows me to combine my two hobbies, I have been posting photos of what I grilled or smoked since 2005. There is also a blog I have been writing during this time too. In it I discuss what I have been learning along the way. Since August of 2013 the pictures and blogs have been showing and telling what I have been doing on and learning about my Big Green Egg(s). So if you are new to your Egg, feel free to stop by and check out the blog where I describe what I have learned so far about my Eggs.

3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Looking great as usual! Missed seeing your posts! Hopefully you'll be back on regularly.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I see posts like this, and I feel like a miserable hack and failure on my BGEs.
    This post is spectacular.
    At least I am having fun.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • jfm0830
    Options
    Thanks guys for the comments.

Ron I feel a bit bad when I see comments like yours. I'm sure it was somewhat tongue in cheek. You perfectly summed up what this is all about in one line: "At least I'm having fun". I never look at this as a competition. The best part about or hobby is we get to share the end results with friends and family. We are all here to share our love of this hobby and learn how to have even more fun in the process.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    jfm0830 said:

Ron I feel a bit bad when I see comments like yours. I'm sure it was somewhat tongue in cheek. You perfectly summed up what this is all about in one line: "At least I'm having fun". I never look at this as a competition. The best part about or hobby is we get to share the end results with friends and family. We are all here to share our love of this hobby and learn how to have even more fun in the process.
    No reason to feel bad at all. I love seeing your posts, and It influences my meal and cook selections. If I knew it all, I would be writing books. I don't so I read and experiment.
    Thank you for posting.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I really enjoyed looking through your pictures over a cup of morning coffee. Here or not.....you def had a great year of cooks. Thanks for sharing. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    jfm0830 said:

"At least I'm having fun". 
    In the words of one of my favorite bands....."we may be going to hell in a bucket......but at least I'm enjoying the ride"....I think its kinda the same but different.

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    jfm0830 said:

"At least I'm having fun". 
    In the words of one of my favorite bands....."we may be going to hell in a bucket......but at least I'm enjoying the ride"....I think its kinda the same but different.

Right on!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • jfm0830
    Options
    ...and in our case the bucket is green and shaped like an egg. B)