Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado EggFest March 12th

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
(((I am posting this foe Will as his registration is not complete yet)))
Greetings Eggheads!  Well, I guess it’s time to make my involvement in the 2016 Salado EggFest a bit more “official”!  To be specific, the March EggFest (on the weekend of the 12th) is the first Inn activity I’m involving myself in since I lost Chris.  I think last year was the most down-time Chris and I were ever able to spend during an EggFest, and it was truly a fun time for us both!  I can’t think of a better group of people to take my baby-steps back into events with than all of you I’ve enjoyed getting to know over the past five years!  

So, I’ve gotta tell you, Mickey is probably gonna end up blocking my calls on his cell phone at some point soon!  Clarifying what Paragon, Ace, and Mickey did in the past and the how’s and why’s is a bit challenging - but I think we can keep hiccups to a minimum.  (Just bear with me as we adapt to figuring all this out.)

To register for the 2016 Salado EggFest, just call Keith’s Ace Hardware at (254) 947-4009.  Cole & Anna Lou are our EggFest contacts, and they can register you to attend the event.  If you plan to cook, please let them know at the time you call in. 

Demo Eggs will sell for $799.00 + tax, and will include the following:
-Large Big Green Egg
-Large Nest
-Large Plate Setter
-Small bag of BGE Lump Charcoal
-Starter Cubes

As usual, we can use my back yard (behind The Manor of Inn on the Creek) to have our pre-party and after-party.  

For those of you who haven’t registered for a room at my place, just call the Inn at (254) 947-5554 and let the reservationist know you are part of the Big Green Egg event.  Those staying at the Inn are all planning to stay Friday and Saturday night, and some organizers are coming in on Thursday.

Looking forward to a successful and fun sixth year in Salado!

Will

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Thanks @Mickey for posting the Salado Eggfest info. We are in. I hope you decide to cook with all of this year!

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Mickey
    Guys Will will be:   SaladoCreekWill when he is approved by?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Mickey said:
    Guys Will will be:   SaladoCreekWill when he is approved by?
    The buffalo?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Hotch
    Just called and signed up with the folks at Salado Ace Hardware to cook. Shelly and I are working on a couple of new items to try out at Salado this year.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Signed up and looking forward to cooking.  So glad it all is coming together!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Registered and ready to go!
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • we are in. Registering now.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @Mickey
    I hope to make it this year man. But as always, I won't know for sure until it gets closer. I keep some F'd up work hours and schedule. But if I can, I will be there with bells on. Riding a buffalo ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Bump. It looks like I'll be there with Mrs. Foghorn, Son of Foghorn, and 2 friends of Foghorn. I'm working Friday night so we won't make the Preparty and will likely show up about 11 AM and hang out through the after party. 

Very much looking forward to it as I really enjoyed Salado in 2013 but haven't been able to make it since. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    We are booked at the Inn as well for the weekend.
    still need to call Ace and register.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Mickey
    Damn, now I will have to go. @Foghorn owes me money!

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    I wish I could make it, but my wife has class that weekend. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Foghorn
    I wish I could make it, but my wife has class that weekend. 
    That's definitely a problem as we will have no class in Salado. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    @Mickey, you'll need written proof on a document with my signature. And even though you're the honorary sheriff in town, don't get any funny ideas about having the local solicitors draw up fake documents. 

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    OK.  I'm registered as a cook and have a reservation for Saturday night at the Inn at Salado.  Any chance I can talk someone in to getting me an egg and getting a fire started before we arrive?

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn said:
    OK.  I'm registered as a cook and have a reservation for Saturday night at the Inn at Salado.  Any chance I can talk someone in to getting me an egg and getting a fire started before we arrive?
    sure thing.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn said:
    sure thing.

Thanks. I'll PM you. I hope to be there by 10 AM but it depends on what time I can get out of work that morning. 

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn said:
    Foghorn said:
    sure thing.

Thanks. I'll PM you. I hope to be there by 10 AM but it depends on what time I can get out of work that morning. 
    better to text me 512-565-0109

• Sorry if i overlooked it but is this a 1 day event and others stay longer? Or is it Friday-Sunday? Or only the 12th? If all goes well i plan to attend. Coming from Austin. Also have a large egg if more cooks/food is needed, which i doubt :)
    Austin, Tx
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited February 2016
    bgeaddikt said:
    Sorry if i overlooked it but is this a 1 day event and others stay longer? Or is it Friday-Sunday? Or only the 12th? If all goes well i plan to attend. Coming from Austin. Also have a large egg if more cooks/food is needed, which i doubt :)
    This is a come in Friday afternoon for the pre party, fire up a few eggs and cook and drink until 2 am-  Then get up Saturday and cook (and drink) all day for the fest, then to the afterparty to drink and cook with/for your buddies until 2am am-then  limp home Sunday kinda deal. More cooks are always welcome-No extra eggs needed. sometimes I just come in for the parties and don't cook at all. 
  • Well said, @The_Cen-Tex_Smoker.  That about sums up the weekend, in a nutshell!  lol
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Mickey
    The Salado Egg Fest (for the past 5 years) was only to bookend the two best days of the year: the pre-party and the post party. That is how I saw it for the past 5 years. Some great people from all over the world showed up. Some of the very best cooks ever. Some of the finest people ever. Then you have the crew at 1:30 am.......

• Mickey said:
    The Salado Egg Fest (for the past 5 years) was only to bookend the two best days of the year: the pre-party and the post party. That is how I saw it for the past 5 years. Some great people from all over the world showed up. Some of the very best cooks ever. Some of the finest people ever. Then you have the crew at 1:30 am.......
    and some of the best jell-O shots ever. Except for the Bloody Mary one. That was just nasty
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727

I'm doing kale smoothies daily and a high colonic to cleanse before the tomfoolery.

my liver barely made it the last time around. I may have to bring an extra one this year.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Last year. Need I say more:

• Mickey
    caliking said:

I'm doing kale smoothies daily and a high colonic to cleanse before the tomfoolery.

my liver barely made it the last time around. I may have to bring an extra one this year.

God I thought that is what you were serving :o

• caliking
    Mickey said:
    caliking said:

God I thought that is what you were serving :o
    That could be arranged for the afterparty. Especially if @Eggcelsior is around.

• caliking
    I've tried calling Keith's Ace Hardware twice now to register, but keep getting a message saying that their voicemail is full or hasn't been setup. Anyone else having this problem?

• Hotch
    Yep i did a few times. This what I dialed I think

(254) 947-4008
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Foghorn
    @caliking, they are just blocking your calls at my suggestion. 

San Antonio, TX