Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Cooks Dinner/Lunch: Cooking Breakfast outside: What do you use?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a Big Green Egg on order. I can't wait to cook up dinner outside. I am giving up the Gas Grill for the BGE. I know the taste of the BGE will blow away the gas grill. But, now that I do not have the gas grill anymore, what about cooking breakfast? I used to have a griddle for the gas grill that would insert over the grill and I could griddle up eggs, bacon, pancakes, etc.. But, I am going to the BGE, so no more gas grill for breakfast. What do you BGE club members use to cook breakfast outside? Or, do you have any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Politics2U,
    Check out the many pictures of the different Eggfests on my website. We cook breakfast every year at the "Eggfest" and at the most recent "Texas Eggfest" you can see Spring Chicken cooking all kinds of different breakfast treats.[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    WessB,
    Check your email. I attached a copy of my Breakfast On The Egg Workbook from the Texas Eggfest. It'll answer all your questions except how to make a perfect Bloody Mary.[p]Spring "Breakfast On The Egg Sounds Good" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    Leroy,
    Couldn't make it to Austin, but would love a copy of your workbook.
    Thanks, Bob

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    I would really like a copy of that work book. Your cooks always sound and look great. Thanks, Tom

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    bobbyb,
    Check your email for the attachment.[p]Spring "Well Fed" Chicken

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    BajaTom,
    Check your email for the attachment.[p]Spring "Breakfast Chef" Chicken

• Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Options
    Politics2U,
    Lodge cast iron marries up beautifully with the BGE, the pizza pan makes an excellent griddle. A Dutch oven is great for pie and casserole dishes and will also work in a pinch as a frying pan, although I've yet to succesfully flip an omellette in one. The 10" saute pan is a better choice for omellettes.
    It's cast iron, so don't let it get too hot, once you get your fire established keep your vents choked down to keep the dome temp under 350 when closed. Firebricks across the grid are a good way to help regulate and diffuse the flames when cooking with the dome open.[p]Cheers,
    C~Q

• Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    I'd like a copy of that if you get a chance.[p]Thanks,
    Sean

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    BajaTom,
    My email to your profile email address came back as undeliverable.[p]SC

• WessB
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Leroy...you want me to put a copy of it on my website????? If so, E mail me a copy and I will get up there ASAP. Might save you a little e mailin.[p]Wess

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    WessB,
    I'll do just that. For some reason my attempts to link to it isn't working. I'll send it to you via email attachment. That seems to work. Thanks... I'll have to go erase all that stuff I wrote about you on the men's room at the bus station LOL [p]Tell Sally hi. She's quite a gal.[p]Spring "See'n Is Believe'n" Chicken

• WessB
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Naaaahhhhh...you can leave all that stuff on the wall.....LOL...prolly all true anyway...LOL...I`ll let her know.[p]Wess

• Laker
    Laker Posts: 110
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    I would really like a copy of that work book. Your cooks always sound and look great. Thanks, Steve at the lake.

• Trouble
    Trouble Posts: 276
    Options
    Politics2U,
    Breakfast casseroles work great too. For holidays, I especially like the ones you make the night before. In the morning, light the egg, wait 20 minutes and put on the casserole. [p]Joyce