Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

YES, it really happened.. LEFTOVER Pulled Pork

Options

Hey folks, as unusual as having leftovers is, I need your best use, best recipe, favorite idea for leftover pulled pork.

Please and Thanks !

Metro Atlanta Georgia egger with Large, Mini,and Chimenea

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I mixed some leftovers with a fried rice recently.....it was spot on. Pulled Pork tacos bring joy as well. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Pulled pork nachos are one of my favorites. Pulled pork tacos, with guacamole, and your favorite salsa. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    @slovelad made a very attractive loaded baked potato recently.  Perhaps he'll share the secret.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Never done them, but pp egg rolls look killer. 
  • BizGreenEgg
    Options
    It's a pulled pork pizza night at our place.  Have also done pulled pork nachos/quesadillas and have made some damn good breakfast sandwiches with PP.
    Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Never done them, but pp egg rolls look killer. 
    I tried some for the Super Bowl and they didn't go quite as planned.  I used rice paper. moving forward I'll probably stick to a thicker wonton wrapper
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Egg rolls, taquitos, quesadillas, nachos, baked beans...the possibilities are endless!

oh! Cuban sammiches. 
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Had PP tacos just last night. 
    Also great in an omelet. 
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Yep. Pulled pork burritos or enchiladas 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Options
    BBQ burritos are our new favorite. Baked Beans, pulled pork, BBQ sauce, & Cole slaw wrapped in a flour tortilla. BBQ nachos are hard to beat also!
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    ABT's for the win.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    We always vacuum seal some and use it to make Brunswick stew, smoke some chicken and the rest is just canned goods except for noodles, it comes out awesome every time. Did left over brisket in lieu of pork this past time. I can look for the recipe if interested.
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Here are some leftover pulled pork quesadillas, corn and extra pulled pork for good measure back before I went low carb.

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Just finished the last of a vac sealed bag of pulled pork. Heated it, in the bag,  in simmering water, then added eastern NC style sauce. Not as good as fresh cooked, but still delicious. Maybe it's the sauce. :) No bun, just homemade coleslaw on the side.

I'm glad I saw the Skylight Inn video (at 7:18) where they showed their "sauce" as... Texas Pete, ACV and black pepper. They don't even mix it up first, just put some of each on the pork and then toss. That's all I've been doing lately and it's great!!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Deviledegger
    Options
    I use up my leftover puked pork making omelets and soup.  The smoke from the pork adds a nice layer to beef broth with whatever veggies you like. 
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    Stiff it in a baked potatoe. Cheese. Bacon etc
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I use up my leftover puked pork making omelets and soup.  The smoke from the pork adds a nice layer to beef broth with whatever veggies you like. 
    That's just gross. 
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Nachos, tacos, quesadillas, chili, and pizza topping are what I use it for. I do small vacuum sealed packs and freeze it for later. Pull them out for making one of the above. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Pork fried rice, nachos, tacos, beans, potatoes, breakfast burritos, Za, anything you would use bacon for.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lewisj82
    lewisj82 Posts: 184
    Options
    Make some queso with it! Also- Pulled pork grilled cheese is the business.

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    That's just gross. 
    He must be a penguin.
  • DeltaNu1142
    Options
    lewisj82 said:
    I came here to say this.

The last time I had leftovers, I dumped them into the crock pot with some cheeses. It was a huge hit.
    LBGE | CyberQ | Adjustable Rig | SmokeWare Cap | Kick Ash Basket | Table Build | Tampa, FL
  • SmokingPiney
    Options
    Nachos, pizza, stuffed baked potatoes, omelets, scrambled eggs, tacos, burritos, baked beans, ABTs............

Now I'm hungry!  =)
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Brunswick stew http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1168716/jawja-brunswick-stew-perfect-way-to-use-leftover-meat#latest
    Recipe calls for 3 lbs of meat.  My friends rave about this stuff. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • rockymountaineggster
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I've made this a few times. Not sure where the recipe came from but I got it here. Its not as good as fresh green chilies but still good and best of all very easy

Green chili

1 (16-oz.) jar salsa verde
    2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth 
    1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed 
    1 (15-oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
    1 pound shredded smoked pork, without sauce
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black

Preparation

Cook salsa verde in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth and next 4 ingredients, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
    TOP IT OFF A flourish of herbs, a slice of avocado, and a dollop of sour cream take this dish to the next level.
    Parker, Colorado
  • Webass
    Webass Posts: 259
    Options
    BBQ Spaghetti!

Lenoir City, TN -  Bama fan in Tenn Vol's backyard. 

LBGE, Weber Spirit 

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
     This is my favorite Al Pastor Tacos. The other favorite is a pizza with BBQ Sauce as the base, pulled pork, red onion, pineapple and cheese.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    lewisj82 said:
    GRILLED CHEESE!!!

or you can follow this simple formula:

any food you like + leftover pulled pork = better food you like

I have crisped it in a fry pan and then added to different sides like you would with bacon - sautéed or roasted vegetables, etc.
  • Simcan
    Simcan Posts: 287
    Options
    Great in a hash...diced potatoes, diced onions, maybe some peppers, mix in the PP, and top with a fried egg.
    Toronto ON
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Tamales are good.