Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you wearing right now? (to egg in, if that's what you were doing)

Options

Comments

• Dawnl
    Dawnl Posts: 252
    Options
    Ottawa Valley, Ontario
  • kwdickert
    Options
    Crocs are not the best looking shoe and they're dangerously slippery when wet but they are def comfortable. I don't own any and i don't wanna but I can't hate on the guys wearing them. They're the modern house shoe i'd say. 
    Memphis TN - Large Green Egg
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Try their flip flops - unbelievable comfortable.  Nobody knows they are crocs, and you cans still get on egg forums and roast people wearing the standard crocs.
    Phoenix 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    blasting said:

Try their flip flops - unbelievable comfortable.  Nobody knows they are crocs, and you cans still get on egg forums and roast people wearing the standard crocs.
    yeah, I have a couple pairs of those, but I don't consider them the same thing. They aren't nearly as ugly. They're pretty damned comfortable though. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I used to wear Birkenstocks or Simple clogs all the time.  Expensive and not nearly resistant as Crocs to my lifestyle (grease monkey, cooking, etc).
    Options
    this must be a southern thing
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    They were originally designed to be boat shoes.   I think they started in FL...would explain the Croc (although they only have gators there).
    Options
    Didn't Mario Batali wear some orange ones in his kitchen? I think clogs of various sorts are very common in the professional kitchen.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Didn't Mario Batali wear some orange ones in his kitchen? I think clogs of various sorts are very common in the professional kitchen.
    I wouldn't be surprised.  Man has character. 

Many nurses wear crocs and Birkenstock makes a nursing clog that is autoclaveable.  (however the f that's spelled)
    Options

Many nurses wear crocs and Birkenstock makes a nursing clog that is autoclaveable.  (however the f that's spelled)
    Words too big for @pgprescott
  • pgprescott
    Options
    The professions that demand that you're on your feet for long shifts place a premium on comfort. For obvious reasons.
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Words too big for @pgprescott
    Sorry if I was all supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Options
    Right @Nolaegghead

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @henapple - I like that look. My intention.  Met.
    Options
    henapple said:

I don't wear crocs, but I'm pretty sure that look would be an improvement from my baseline.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited February 2016
    Options
    kwdickert said:
    Crocs are not the best looking shoe and they're dangerously slippery when wet but they are def comfortable. I don't own any and i don't wanna but I can't hate on the guys wearing them. They're the modern house shoe i'd say. 
    Guys wearing crocs don't have to worry about IT being wet near them, if you catch my drift...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Are croc guys automatically snuggie guys?  I don't wear crocs and I don't have a snuggie. . . so this is not my area of expertise.  My gut tells me that if you are a croc guy you are more likely to be a snuggie guy.  If you are a snuggie guy, you certainly own crocs.  Can anyone else weigh in on this?  I would like some hard data from the owners of these products.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    If they did, they would definitely be camo.  I for one do not have a snuggie.  If I am cold, I smear axle grease all over my body.
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Are croc guys automatically snuggie guys?  I don't wear crocs and I don't have a snuggie. . . so this is not my area of expertise.  My gut tells me that if you are a croc guy you are more likely to be a snuggie guy.  If you are a snuggie guy, you certainly own crocs.  Can anyone else weigh in on this?  I would like some hard data from the owners of these products.

Snuggies are not for croc wearers. I heard they are for people who live with their in-laws!! :>)
  • kl8ton
    Options
    @pgprescott
    Ouch that hits a little close to home for me.  IT IS A TEMPORARY SITUATION!    :)

Grand Rapids MI
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    That dude looks like a Clemson guy..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I wear crocs... 

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    @pgprescott
    Ouch that hits a little close to home for me.  IT IS A TEMPORARY SITUATION!    :)

i'm just kidding. Hey, gonna dish it, gotta take it. I'm sorry. I just hope you get along well. I really like my in-laws and still it would be difficult for more than a couple weeks.
  • kl8ton
    Options
    @pgprescott
    Oh I can take it.  I was shocked anyone paid attention to my posts.  HA HA.  I like my in-laws as well.

Grand Rapids MI
  • pgprescott
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    @pgprescott
    Oh I can take it.  I was shocked anyone paid attention to my posts.  HA HA.  I like my in-laws as well.

good and good!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    They were originally designed to be boat shoes.   I think they started in FL...would explain the Croc (although they only have gators there).
    That's probably the worst use for them. They offer no protection from puncture. I've seen some nasty pics on the fishing forums that show large fishhooks going through the bottom of a pair of Crocs. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    That's probably the worst use for them. They offer no protection from puncture. I've seen some nasty pics on the fishing forums that show large fishhooks going through the bottom of a pair of Crocs. 
    Is that really a problem?  Commercial fishermen around here wear white rubber boots.  The hooks I use aren't big enough to go through the sole, which is quite thick.  Plus they're curved and don't stand up like a simplex nail.  But I can see if you're off-shore fishing for some big fish you'd probably want something more substantial...maybe even with steel toes.  Commercial fishing is pretty dangerous.
    Options
    Wearing crocs because they are comfortable is just one of the steps.

Another step is carrying a man purse because it's convenient.

Phoenix 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Or a fanny pack.
    Options
    Here's mine

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker