Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Valentine's NY strip roast success

Options
This was my first time doing New York strip as a roast and it will certainly not be the last. It was 4 1/2 pounds and I rubbed with Cowlick and roasted indirect at 275 degrees until IT of 115. Air temp was around 12 degrees but I left the roast tented outside and removed plate setter and brought it up to 600 for a sear of about a minute per side.

Was ecstatic with the results (the dull knife slicing notwithstanding) and, more importantly, so was the wife. I have been known to over cook a traditional steak on occasion, but this turned out great. Was surprised to have such an even color throughout the entire slices, mainly because I was getting a fairly wide range of temps when checking before the sear.

It goes without saying that I stood no chance without all the great info I've gleaned from this site, so thanks to all who make this such a great resource. Sorry for the novel.

Stillwater, MN

Comments