Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quick question on salmon?????

Options
Pick
Pick Posts: 36
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Going to cook salmon for the my new in-laws tonight, going to cook in Lge BGE, on Alder plank, how long should I cook and at what dome temp, and should I ever flip the salmon on the plank. Thanks so much Jason

Comments

• locolongball
    locolongball Posts: 414
    Options
    Pick,[p]I cook mine @ 325-350. All depends on the size of the salmon. I cook 2-3 good size fillets on a plank and they take about 20-30min. Cook them skin side down and don't flip. When they start to turning white and flake apart with a fork they are done. Do not over cook! Better to be on the rare side than overdone. [p]If you're lucky Egret will chime in! He is the Salmon master.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    locolongball,[p] I would think pacific salmon would be rather well done if it was cooked till it is white :)[p] Pacific Salmon will take on a nice pinkish color.