Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Cook Noob signing in. Hello from EggNerd!

eggnerdeggnerd Posts: 64
edited 2:07PM in EggHead Forum
blank.jpg
<p />imgp2308a_s.jpg[p]First let me thank so many of you who have been unknowingly molding my egger development for many weeks. A couple of months ago I was first exposed to the BGE, and after eating the best steak of my life, I knew I had to have one of these!

When I saw the BGE table at my local dealer I was unimpressed, way to flimsy and not really what I wanted. So after finding this forum and TNW's site I decided to build my own and reward myself upon completion with the purchase of an egg - A special thanks to TNW's table gallery page and the contributers there from which I drew many idea for my table.[p]As my deck is not covered, I decided to build a table with a water-tight cabinet so that I could keep my lump in the table.[p]Well, the table has progressed nicely, but before it was completely finished my wife decided to surprise me with the egg. Fortunately I was far enough along to go ahead and install it and fire it up.
imgp2315_s.jpg[p]Last night I prepared T-REX RibEye's for my wife and she was blown away. [p]imgp2319_s.jpg[p]Now to finish the table, the granite you see sitting on top will be recessed into the surface when I'm done, and I've still got a 2nd coat of stain to put on the doors and install knobs and magnetic door catches, but otherwise it's done.[p]Now the learning get switch into high gear.[p]Thanks to everyone here for the all the help![p]EggNerd

·

Comments

• TroubleTrouble Posts: 276
    EggNerd,
    Welcome.
    Your table is gorgeous--nicely done. It's been a long, long time since the inside of my egg looked like that! [p]Post often and keep bringing on the photos![p]Joyce

·
  • Dos HuevosDos Huevos Posts: 368
    EggNerd,[p]Dude, that's an awesome looking table and is actually just what I want. How much would you charge to build me one just like it and bring it to atlanta? Can you do one that would hold two larges?[p]
    Welcome to the cult...er, club. [p]Todd

·
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    EggNerd,
    Good looking table....nice steaks too.

·
  • GrilliciousGrillicious Posts: 347
    EggNerd, when you get it completed get a picture to TNW so he can post it on his gallery. Nice Job!

·
  • RoadkillRoadkill Posts: 29
    EggNerd,graet table! Watch out for "FlashBack" - judging from your 2nd picture, you still have hair on your arm - but not for long!~

·
  • wrobswrobs Posts: 109
    EggNerd,
    That a good looking Table! I considered closing my table in with a cabinet but decided to just keep my lump in plastic tubs on the bottom shelf of the table.
    Welcome to Egg Nation and keep the photos coming!
    wrobs

·
  • TonyTony Posts: 224
    EggNerd,
    Very nice! I wanna egg table just like that. Wish I had the talent and time to build one.

·