Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig of the North and Raising the Steaks

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy all!
First I wanted to congratulate my partner, Qfan, on another great showing up North! While Dizzy Pig USA was getting our butts handed to us down in Tryon, the Canadians took yet another Grand Championship North of the border!! That's two straight, and by listening to the message Mike left on my cell voicemail, they are purty happy right now. Way to go yall![p]I noticed folks wondering about our new rubs, and when they will be available. Originally, I expected to have labels printed by now, but our fire put us about 6-8 weeks behind. I am hoping to get the labels off to the printer within a week or two, so we are now looking toward a mid-summer release. QFan's "Raising the Steaks" is available now in Canada, and the response to samples I have been sending out in the U.S. has been tremendous. Thanks to everyone for your nice comments and support....and for your patience![p]Happy eggin!
Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Congrat's Qfan![p]Thanks, Chris and Andy, for my bottles of Raising the Steaks Seasoning, packs a punch of rich flavor that I enjoy very much on hamburgers and chicken wings. Next will be two ribeyes that will be 'dusted' tonight.
    Clay[p]

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Thanks, buddy! Yeah, we are pretty pumped about the win on Saturday. We didn't get home til suppertime yesterday as we've been helping out with the new 'backyarder' series offered at our Ontario events on the Sundays following the 'pro' division event. It's an attempt to get folks out who are either intimidated by the prospect of doing 4 categories all at once or simply don't have the equipment to get that done. The CBA (Canadian Barbecue Association) provides a slab of ribs and several of the teams, including Dizzy Pig, stay around to provide some assistance, support, encouragement and usually a cooker for these folks. I think it's a great way of growing the sport up here and I'm as proud of our involvement in that initiative as I am about our wins in the first two legs of the Ontario Championship Series. We've certainly opened some eyes as to the abilities of the Egg as several of these backyard cooks we've helped have only a gas grill at home and they can't believe the difference in what they've done at home compared to what they've produced at the events with only a little mentoring and 4 hrs use of an Egg!
    The winner of the Ontario BBQ Series (best 2 overall scores out of 3 events) wins an invite to the Jack Daniel's competition, so we are hopeful that we have a strong possibility of returning to Lynchburg in '06 with wins in these first two events.
    Qfan

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    BBQfan1,[p]Way to go Mike and the DP's of the north.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Unknown
    Options
    Good to put a face to ya'll at Tryon.[p]Good luck on the continued venture.[p]Tom
    FireHouseBBQ

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    BBQfan1,
    Great job Mike.Hope you can make it down to Atlanta this year.
    Larry

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Likewise, Tom
    Was really good meeting yall. As usual, I wish we would have had more time to hang out. Congrats to you all on your very respectable 3rd place overall finish among that crowd! Hope to catch up with yall again soon.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    BBQfan1,[p]This is first I've been near a computer in 3 days and this is the kind of news I like to see right off the bat.... a big congratulations for your big win! That's just plain awesome.[p]Dizzy Pig! Dizzy Pig! Dizzy Pig![p]... just awesome.
  • Unknown
    Options
    BBQfan1,[p]Congrats to Dizzy Pig North! Good job Mike!

• Unknown
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I was able to get some of the Raising the Steaks in Carmel, Indiana a couple of weeks ago. Great stuff!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nature Boy, It was a pleasure to meet you at Tryon. Thanks, for taking it easy on us...best of luck to you in future cooks. [p]Big Green Eggs & Ham

• Saucy Sue
    Saucy Sue Posts: 79
    Options
    Nature Boy, Can't believe I didn't get some in Waldorf when I had the opportunity. Your rubs are always the greatest. Looking forward to getting some when it's available. Still loving my Shakin the Tree and Tsunami Spin!! Mr. Saucy Sue is a BIG steak eater!! He will love it!