Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Meat Slicer Suggestions?

WazooWazoo Posts: 150
edited 3:09AM in EggHead Forum
Anyone have a suggestion for a decent meat slicer? We bought one years ago when I was in the Service overseas, and it was never impressive. One of us had to hold it steady while the other ran the meat thru... Pain to clean it up afterwards as well. [p]Really like those thin cuts of beef and pork loin for sandwiches.[p]Thanks,[p]Wazoo

• Wazoo,
    What kind of slicer did you use? The low priced ones are worth the time of day.You could buy a good quality 12" knife for that purpose and save a few bucks over a commercial unit.Observe what the guys use at a bull roast,or all you can eat joint.No electric slicers around.

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,769
    darnac,[p] My 14" Horschner can slice a brisket or pork butt so thin you'd swear it was cut with a commercial slicer.[p] One of the best investments I have made.
  • CJCJ Posts: 50
    I recently bought my first Slice a few weeks ago. It's a Chef's Choice, Model 610. I cut up a top-round with it for making Jerky and I love it. Did a fine job, high quality and very easy to clean up. Bought it from for $99.89, plus Tax.

• mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Wazoo,[p]I just ordered a Chef's Choice 620. Great price, no tax, free shipping. Here's the link: [p]Enjoy[p]mShark[p]