Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Superman and the Super Bowl.

Options

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Sounds like some underlying issues more so than the super bowl to me. 

I say let the man be himself,  but hey, that's me. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I dont mind celebrations with teammates. I cant stand the pre-planned dances and moves that you see lots of players doing now. Denvers players were doing it as well. I just hate that part of the game. Cam needed to be brought down a notch and he was. Needs to happen to a lot of players. Just seems selfish to me. I live for the day somebody breaks an ankle doing some stupid ass dance after a first down or a tackle or pass breakup or whatever. Would be epic. 

Little Rock, AR

• CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
     I do not think anything Cam has done should be looked at as horrible, thuggish behavior. Just unbecoming of a top notch NFL QB who should be a leader. I am aware that he has done much for kids. Very admirable. The superman crap, the wacky "look at me" garb, and his handling of defeat are still big negatives. Endorsements will(and should) be more limited after this superbowl run. He may learn from this and change attitudes in the future.

As for Favre? I thought he was selfish way too often. Rogers? That belt wrap move is low rent. A quick fist pump or yell in the moment? Or a head but to a teammate? Those I think are much more acceptable as momentary exuberance.(and I HATE Tom Brady as a Jet fan)  A spike of the ball acceptable in the same way. Although I prefer acting like you have been there before. But endzone dances?(or any choreographed moves) No way. They should not be part of a team sport.

Jim
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I dont mind celebrations with teammates. I cant stand the pre-planned dances and moves that you see lots of players doing now.
    Agree. Celebrating is perfectly fine. It's part of winning or accomplishing a goal. What Favre, Brady Manning, Rogers etc, etc, did as far as celebrating has always been done in a professional and civilized manner. A high 5 or helmet bump is perfectly fine and expected. But when you look out there and see folks jumping and gyrating like a pack of retards on crack, it's just sickening. I certainly condone celebrating. But it shouldn't look like a scene from Straight out of Compton. Keep it civilized, not barbaric. I'm with you on this one brother Pharmicist. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    I dont mind celebrations with teammates. I cant stand the pre-planned dances and moves that you see lots of players doing now. Denvers players were doing it as well. I just hate that part of the game. Cam needed to be brought down a notch and he was. Needs to happen to a lot of players. Just seems selfish to me. I live for the day somebody breaks an ankle doing some stupid ass dance after a first down or a tackle or pass breakup or whatever. Would be epic. 
    @Biggreenpharmacist

https://youtu.be/Q9l83AVj2p8
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,616
    Options
    I saw the post game w/Cam.  Didn't bother me, I kind of enjoyed the fact he was miserable, because it was honest.  That could've been Belicheck up there, same type of post game.
  • 78 T140E
    78 T140E Posts: 110
    Options
    It all boils down to this: Offense wins games but Defense wins Championships!
  • SGH
    Options
    Here is a proper celebration. Simply raise the trophy and smile. Leave all the other nonsense out of it. 

A true professional and role model. Act like a human, not a animal.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Is it a black - white thing? Yes, I went there on a Monday. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    SGH said:
    Here is a proper celebration. Simply raise the trophy and smile. Leave all the other nonsense out of it. 

Guess you're off meds and are now deciding to troll amongst other things.... 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options

Cam Newton is ruining the game of football.

It’s like all he really cares about is either running the ball into the end zone or forcing his teammates to go to the end zone to catch a pass he’s thrown there. I know there are some bandwagon Cam Newton fans who will say with a straight face that this kind of behavior is part of what makes him a fun, likable player, but to those of us who respect the game, it makes him look like a clown.

Starting with the gridiron’s earliest gladiators, football has always been a battle fought on the sacred patch of green grass between the goal lines. So someone explain why a player who spends most of his time crossing those goal lines receives the kind of praise Cam Newton does. It’s flat out disrespectful to the game, a game that happens to be our country’s most beloved sport. I’m not trying to say Cam Newton is unpatriotic, but I am saying he clearly isn’t a fan of our country. Is this really the type of behavior we want to reinforce?

Then again, maybe his behavior shouldn’t be so surprising. On the field, he’s a guy who favors a flashy bright silver helmet and an oversized shirt with his own name printed across the back, not to mention the giant number one on both sides. (Real subtle, Mr. Newton.) Also, everyone totally knows those are mostly pads and not actually huge muscles under your jersey.

How about his relationship with his teammates? Instead of getting down and crouching on the front line with the rest of them as a unit, he stands in the back and makes them hand him the ball before they can start a play. And you know how they say defense wins championships? Funny, I don’t think I’ve seen Cam Newton ever play a single down of defense.

I guess if I’m going to talk about Cam Newton, I have to mention the dancing. I wouldn’t go as far as saying his dancing is criminal, but I would say arresting him for dancing is totally reasonable. Are we forgetting there are children watching these games? If parents wanted their children to see a grown adult gyrating and thrusting right in front of them, then instead of taking them to watch a football game, they would take them to a football game and then allow them to turn their heads slightly to the right or left to see the cheerleaders.

I’ve also heard it suggested that Newton’s habit of passing out footballs to children is praiseworthy, while others have even said the same about his charity work. This is a direct attack on the American family. Dads have always gotten kids footballs so kids will love them back and know to call them “Dad.” Now you have a bunch of kids who are not only getting a football better than any football their dad can get them but who are also now probably confused if Cam Newton is actually their dad.

And this totally isn’t a race thing, but Peyton Manning is like 13 years older than Cam Newton. Who takes on someone that much older just to win a Super Bowl ring? What a thug.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• SGH
    Options
    henapple said:
    Is it a black - white thing? 
    It's really not. It's a question of being civilized or uncivilized. A professional or a heathern. I'm about as color blind as it gets so no, that doesn't figure into it.  

Status- Standing by.

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    No, I think it is a black and white thing with some. Why call someone a thug, that gives no reason?
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SGH
    Options
    No, I think it is a black and white thing with some. 
    This is sadly true for some. No question of it. 

Status- Standing by.

• CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
    henapple said:
    Is it a black - white thing? Yes, I went there on a Monday. 
    God, I hope not. I coach high school girls of all colors, creeds and backgrounds. The only "colors" I see are the team's reb/white/blue. And a long athletic competition background has opened my eyes to teammates and oponants from diverse backgrounds as well. Although I admit the coverage of Cam is sometimes racially driven(and from both sides), so I can see opinions being slanted by the exposure we witness. Mine included...
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    SGH said:
    I dont mind celebrations with teammates. I cant stand the pre-planned dances and moves that you see lots of players doing now.
    Agree. Celebrating is perfectly fine. It's part of winning or accomplishing a goal. What Favre, Brady Manning, Rogers etc, etc, did as far as celebrating has always been done in a professional and civilized manner. A high 5 or helmet bump is perfectly fine and expected. But when you look out there and see folks jumping and gyrating like a pack of retards on crack, it's just sickening. I certainly condone celebrating. But it shouldn't look like a scene from Straight out of Compton. Keep it civilized, not barbaric. I'm with you on this one brother Pharmicist. 
    Rogers does his little belt thing. I dont like that crap either. 

Little Rock, AR

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited February 2016
    Options
    No, I think it is a black and white thing with some. Why call someone a thug, that gives no reason?

It's bait, Matt.
     B) 

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    I think the worst behaved player on that field was Talib. He's a punk. Great player but some needs to straighten him out. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    SGH said:

Yep, HGH, sexual assault, and defamation. Proper role model.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• waegger
    Options
    Russell wilson seahawk qb was in last 2 super bowls. Won one, lost one. I don't recall any negative comments like i'am hearing about Cam.
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    Options
    Lots of great quotes. Awesome trolling today!
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    waegger said:
    Russell wilson seahawk qb was in last 2 super bowls. Won one, lost one. I don't recall any negative comments like i'am hearing about Cam.
    Wilson didn't play in the SEC. Most people that really hate him are butt hurt Tide and Gator fans. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SGH
    Options
    Wilson didn't play in the SEC. Most people that really hate him are butt hurt Tide and Gator fans. 
    Brother Tar, I'm not sure as to why, but you seem to be really down on us Tide fans as of late. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Acn said:
    Yep, HGH, sexual assault, and defamation. Proper role model.
    Nothing wrong with HGH. I took some pretty hefty doses of Somatropin back in my weight lifting days. It takes 20 years off of a older person. Allows him to compete with the younger crowd. To me, steroids and growth hormone is a nonissue. To be your best, you have to use it. To think otherwise is a fools errand in the competition world. As far as defamation and sexual assault, this is simply a liberal assault on a God fearing conservative person. Manning has never assaulted or defamed anyone. To say otherwise is simply asinine. 

Status- Standing by.

• fishepa
    fishepa Posts: 211
    Options
    SGH said:
    Brother Tar, I'm not sure as to why, but you seem to be really down on us Tide fans as of late. 
    Tide fans seem to be strangely obsessed with Cam, or "Scam" as you call him. I've seen so much venom spewed his way from Bama fans over the past 12 hours. It's funny because Saban acts the same way at press conferences and no one bats an eye. 
    War Damn Eagle!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,616
    Options
    Sportsmanship...in the style of Dixie  :|
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    SGH said:
    The only time I got remotely excited was when GaGa took to the stage...
    The highlights being GaGa looking good...

• tarheelmatt
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Legume said:
    Sportsmanship...in the style of Dixie  :|
    I'd say Bama hate, in style of Dixie. ... 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SGH
    Options
    fishepa said:
    Tide fans seem to be strangely obsessed with Cam, or "Scam" as you call him. I've seen so much venom spewed his way from Bama fans over the past 12 hours. It's funny because Saban acts the same way at press conferences and no one bats an eye. 
    I don't think it's a Tide thing. I can tell you honestly that I would hate him just the same even if I wasn't a Tide fan. There are many others out there that I hate that did not go to Auburn. So it's not even a Auburn thing. I was a huge fan of Bo Jackson. I just don't like the whole Superman thing. That title should come later down the road if and when it's earned. At the end of the day we all like or dislike different folks for different reasons. I dislike him for being given far more credit than he deserves. Nothing personal.  
    As far as Saint Saban, he is the epitome of greatness. Both on and off of the field.  A true scholar and gentleman in every sense of the word. Proud yet humble. His accomplishments in such a short time are unrivaled and unchallenged. If ever there was a role model, Saint Saban would be it. His greatness is simply undeniable. His meteoric rise to the top qualifies him as Superman. Yet you never hear him call himself that. Why? Proper manners and respect. He knows that he is the best. His record more than proves this. Yet he remains humble and silent. Cam was the self proclaimed Superman. He even went so far as to wear the Superman outfit. Gloating and bragging "You have never seen anything like me". This is simply unprofessional and arrogant any way that you look at it. It is for these reasons that I dislike Cam. Not because I'm a Tide fan. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    For the record, I created this post out of sheer boredom. To troll if you will. But I'm tired now and will move on. But before I go.........

Status- Standing by.