Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MM - Throwdown Interest

Would there be any interest in a Mini-Max throwdown?

I bet @NPHuskerFL would be up for one!
A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• I'm in like Flynn 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Sure. What's involved?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    edited February 2016
    SciAggie said:
    Sure. What's involved?
    I'm open to ideas.  I was thinking 3 courses cooked on the MM ..... apps, main, desert.

Only phone pics allowed.  1 prep per course, 1 cook per course, 1 finished pic per course ...  6 total photos?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Or is 3 courses to many?

Maybe just desert?
  • SciAggie
    I've never done a throw down so I'll defer to other opinions. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Of course I couldn't play because of no MM in my stable but I do think three course would be awesome and I know it can be achieved on the small.  This should be cool to watch.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Of course I couldn't play because of no MM in my stable but I do think three course would be awesome and I know it can be achieved on the small.  This should be cool to watch.  
    Sounds like you just got justification to get one ;)
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    I would be in.....
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Can my mini join in? Or have they already forgotten the little people..
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    slovelad said:
    Can my mini join in? Or have they already forgotten the little people..
    Your dead to me. :wink: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @Ozzie_Isaac Per our conversation I'm in. However, competition is more entertaining when there are oodles of participants. Then comes the question of who would be the proctor?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Maybe 13" or less eggs?
  • noregard
    noregard Posts: 306
    I'd do my  best to give this a go, never been in one before.  My main restraint is work schedule… I'm on call next weekend so I'm out then, if there's a 2 or 3 time frame I'm sure I could pull it off.  I can't remember how long you guys usually run these for?
    Lethbridge, Alberta         LBGE & MM
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Count me in

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    I'd be in as well
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    I can't join in as I've only have an XL at the current time....I guess I need to fix tihis.  I am willing to put up the prize money (package) if you guys want.  I'd love to see these get back to being a regular thing.  The few I got to participate in were tons of fun.  I'll assume most likes wins, only one vote per person still and a short window of say 3 days to vote.  Not trying to overstep just want to help out in anyway I can.   
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    This will be known as the "size isn't everything" showdown  :o
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    I'm in if the timeframe works, on the road next three weeks. Once back, I'll be in the mood for some egged food, mofo's. 

I can see the help wanted sign for throw down:
    Proctor-ologist needed!  Inquire within. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    I vote for a meal structure......entre and side, and either an app or desserrt (pre determined). Given the time of year (lack of local fresh fruit) perhaps app may be the way to go. Might also add the requirement for use of local main ingredients. Just a bit of a twist to stimulate some complexity and planning.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    I like it. Since I don't have a MM I will be the judge and I will send one of my broken SW thermometers to the winner :lol: 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • jpakma
    jpakma Posts: 37
    Maybe this is my excuse to go buy a MM  =)
  • I'm up for this.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited February 2016
    Looks like we have enough interest.

Title:  Size doesn't matter ...

13" grids and smaller ... (mini, small, and MM)

Looking like app, main course, desert .... lets try the main course with something local to your area.  Can be easy like seasoning, rub, etc or as full blown as protein and all veggies.

More details to follow.  Thinking ending February 29th.
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    I may be in ... Don't have a phone pic, I do compress my photos before uploading, can resize also.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    EggNorth said:
    I may be in ... Don't have a phone pic, I do compress my photos before uploading, can resize also.
    Reason we say phone is some folks go whole hog with lighting, full frame DSLRs, proffesional editing and directing.  If you don't have a cell phone camera for taking the pics, we will make an exception.

Want it to be fair for us mere mortals.
  • SciAggie
    @Ozzie_Isaac So iPad pics are ok with everyone? That's how I take all my other pics here. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    @Ozzie_Isaac are you good with me being involved.  As I said above I can't cook as my egg is an XL but I'm happy to pony up a local prize for the winner.  Just let me know.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited February 2016
    @SciAggie Ipad pics are perfectly acceptable.  I will start a whole new thread with rules, etc.

@ryantt I welcome your involvement!  Shoot me a PM and we can coordinate.