Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Breads and Pastries

Options
bigguy136
bigguy136 Posts: 1,362

I've been working a lot on my breads over the last 2 years and recently I went to some pastry baking classes.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Nice to see you back around. Pastries and Bread look awesome!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Damn dude. Solid 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Oh hell yea!!!  That all looks fantastic!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I'm trying to find the words - that's solid work. Bravo!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • ScottNC
    ScottNC Posts: 240
    Options
    Amazing, do have room for the glass fronted display case those beauties should be resting in? You must be very proud, not easy skills to acquire. thanks for posting, great pics too.

Western, North Carolina

Large, MiniMax, Blackstone 17" Smashburger Griddle & Stuff

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Wow, that's LEGIT. That looks wonderful!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options

Thanks everyone for your kind words!

I love BBQ but I find breads and pastries very intriguing. Hopefully after more time to perfect everything, I can share what I learned with you all as you have taught me so much with BBQ.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    That's some impressive baking.  I'm just a beginner on the bread, so that looks pretty amazing. 
    Phoenix