Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Kitchen Remodel- Sink Question- OT

Options
2»

Comments

• BizGreenEgg
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Also forgot to mention this accessory to the Kraus sink:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0042D34CC/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=30UNOEF6R30TX&coliid=IOIPP9TB7QX7P&psc=1

A colander similar to the cool cutting board unit @lit has.
    Damn man. Must be a serious colander. When I click your link it shows price and then says $407 for professional installation :lol: 

Gold plated and bedazzled with diamonds.  
    Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    @lkapigian That commercial sink setup is sweet! Would you happen to have any more shots of your kitchen? I can see some more stainless in the kitchen. I totally dig the look
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @lkapigian Seriously one of the coolest kitchens I've seen. Thanks for the pics. Definitely has my mind going for mine. Did you make your cabinet doors?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,766
    edited February 2016
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    @lkapigian Seriously one of the coolest kitchens I've seen. Thanks for the pics. Definitely has my mind going for mine. Did you make your cabinet doors?
    I have a sheet metal shop, so I did all the aluminum, just had cabinet guy make the frames..that cutting board is maple all doweled very heavy.Its on wheels so I can roll it around , everything is free standing and moveable 

Not in the picture is a cast iron claw foot tub from 1942 painted black and white to match the floor, filled with water , fountain and water turtles
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Roadpuke0
    Options
    Go to ELKAY web site. You'll find what your most likely looking for. I can say in my field of work when it comes stainless sinks in commercial and residential this is the product that is spec'd. I have a stainless farmers two bowl sink in my residence and it is great. Just don't by some thin gauge sink to save a dollar for you will regret it later especially with a garbage disposal. 
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Bowl depth could affect your ability to hook up drain, too often our clients pick baby bathtub sized sinks, and nothing jives with existing conditions. I don't like caulk joints at sinks, so this is what I did in mine, I am a professional remodeler. This is what's known as 100% acrylic solid surface, or Corian. Seamless bowl to counter epoxied, and routered. 
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    @Chubbs - sorry I'm late to the party but work has kept me busy the last couple of days.  

I've skimmed the thread so if I repeat sorry bro.  The Kraus sinks are kick ass sinks but you should also check out Blanco stainless sinks.  They also have a good selection of accessories. We sell a bunch of them and never have issues from them. 

You are correct in choosing no/negative reveal on the cutout between your Crete and the sink.  It seriously helps being able to silicone in the flange of the sink and not see the sealant which will yellow over a few years and look nasty.  No see no worries!   

I know you didn't ask for top advice but I'm gonna offer a small bit.  I don't know about your area but Crete is a fairly new style for counters here and we have all kinds of Driveway pourers making tops now and a lot of nasty looking tops that I've seen.  Do your due diligence and looks at previous jobs before you select somebody to pour you tops.   

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    @Chubbs - sorry I'm late to the party but work has kept me busy the last couple of days.  

I've skimmed the thread so if I repeat sorry bro.  The Kraus sinks are kick ass sinks but you should also check out Blanco stainless sinks.  They also have a good selection of accessories. We sell a bunch of them and never have issues from them. 

You are correct in choosing no/negative reveal on the cutout between your Crete and the sink.  It seriously helps being able to silicone in the flange of the sink and not see the sealant which will yellow over a few years and look nasty.  No see no worries!   

I know you didn't ask for top advice but I'm gonna offer a small bit.  I don't know about your area but Crete is a fairly new style for counters here and we have all kinds of Driveway pourers making tops now and a lot of nasty looking tops that I've seen.  Do your due diligence and looks at previous jobs before you select somebody to pour you tops.   
    Doing my own using z counterform from concrete countertop solutions. If you have never seen their product a 13 year old could pour a top. Seen several and they are unreal. Can make it look like granite if you want. Granite for my house was going to be $3200. My concrete will look like white marble and cost me $800 plus will have leftover forms for a bathroom and my egg table. Got the forms in today. Pumped. Been 3 years of steady research in the making. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    That sounds awesome Chubbs.  There is something to be said about doing your own projects.  Can't wait to see everything when it's done. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Chubbs
    Options
    That sounds awesome Chubbs.  There is something to be said about doing your own projects.  Can't wait to see everything when it's done. 
    Thanks bud. Will post pics. Been fun so far!
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    I bought an Elkay at my local Home Depot, but I still had to order it as I wanted the drain/garbage disposal to be in the back corner instead of smack dab in the middle.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm late to the party.  My recent posts on Kraus ...

• canuckland
    • btw, if anyone is in the market for a kitchen sink, check out the Kraus line at Amazon. What I like:
      1) competitive price
      2) 16 gauge steel
      3) rounded corners for easy cleaning
      4) grid, towel and deep strainer basket included
      5) shipped in a nice sack surrounded by heavy packing material
      canuckland
    canuckland
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    @lkapigian that's what I'm talking about. I just need to talk her into it. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • jeroldharter
    Options
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options
    @chubbs Sorry man....our whole house is Kohler. They do a nice job on their plumbing products but pricey...and they are only 12 miles east of us. Actually we lived there had built a house in Kohler in 2003. Good luck on the remodel. 

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• Ivanhoe
    Ivanhoe Posts: 223
    Options
    @lkapigian - we need to see a shot of the turtle pool! sorry for misdirecting
    sink chat.... :)
    Tulare, CA - Large BGE
  • Chubbs
    Options
    Got my new Kraus sink and concrete forms in today. 900 lbs of custom blended white concrete coming Monday. About to get dirty. This sink is way higher quality than I thought at that price point. Will post pics tomorrow