Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New toy

Options
Picked up almost new Blackstone off Craigslist at a good deal   dinner will be bacon, eggs, hashbrowns. And biscuits

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

Comments

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Nice, looks like you're going to have to re-season it before hand.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Good for you!  You're gonna love it!  +1 on the need to season. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • outrageous
    Options
    Nice, looks like you're going to have to re-season it before hand.

Agreed,  just finished cleaning off and re-seasoned. Getting ready for tonight

• AlbertaEgger
    Options
    I miss the Blackstone, although we are still cooking on the Eggs a few times a week as always in the winter, we have not really used the Blackstone at all since late fall. 
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    @outrageous Congrats!  You're gonna love it.  I use mine every single day.
    Phoenix 
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    how much did you pay for it used?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • outrageous
    Options
    tamu2009 said:

A good deal is when the seller and the buyer are both happy,  I am happy plus the cover came with it and I saved enough money to buy plenty of food to cook on it and my two eggs.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Congrats!  If I may offer some advice since it is freshly re-seasoned:  don't be afraid to use oil liberally your first few cooks (while cooking).  It will become more seasoned the more you cook on it and you won't need as much oil.   When you are done cooking wipe it down and liberally apply more oil while it is hot. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Congrats!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options
      outrageous said:
    tamu2009 said:

A good deal is when the seller and the buyer are both happy,  I am happy plus the cover came with it and I saved enough money to buy plenty of food to cook on it and my two eggs.

@outrageous sounds like the craigslist guy from North of ATL GA that came over and swiped my blackstone ...and then...sold it cheap on craigslist.....everyone gets a good deal except me...I WANT IT BACK...

Please contact me and I will give you the address to send it to... ;)

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    nice score.  Post plenty of pics and finally tempt me into buying one
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • outrageous
    Options
    bcsnave said:
      outrageous said:
    tamu2009 said:

@outrageous sounds like the craigslist guy from North of ATL GA that came over and swiped my blackstone ...and then...sold it cheap on craigslist.....everyone gets a good deal except me...I WANT IT BACK...

From where he lives and where you live, lot of miles and gas burned,  i'll pass on your offer

• outrageous
    Options
    bcsnave said:
      outrageous said:
    tamu2009 said:

From where he lives and where you live, lot of miles and gas burned,  i'll pass on your offer

But will send you pictures every so often

• bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options

@outrageous Damn foiled again...look forward to the pictures

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI