Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super bowl spread?

Options

I am trying to figure out my spread for the super bowl.  I would like to hear everyones plan, so I can get some ideas.

Thanks

Bluffton, SC LBGE, SBGE, Thermapen

Comments

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    We are going with pulled pork sliders, ABTs, @SGH sausage loaf meatballs and some tater salad
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,896
    Options
    LOL - right now 6 point spread with CP the fav
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • jabam
    Options
    RRP said:
    I'm waiting for it to get to 7 then I'm taking Denver. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I still haven't made up my mind on what to cook. I'm thinking shrimp and oysters at the moment.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• mckennan
    Options
    @SGH make sure those are Malpeque oysters!

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,766
    Options
    Cooking for a full Bar-- Opening with Bacon Cheese Burger Poppers, Chorizo and Cream Cheese Poppers, Steak and Cream Cheese Poppers---Chicken wings stuffed with Italian Sausage Stuffing--12  Racks of ribs with Sweet Mesquite 8 Tri Tip Santa Maria Style and a boatload of Chicken Thighs
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ElkhornHusker
    Options
    So far... onion bombs, mac and cheese and salmon candy.
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr. 
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    SGH said:
    I still haven't made up my mind on what to cook. I'm thinking shrimp and oysters at the moment.  

Can I come?  Wish we could get oysters around here without having to take out a loan.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,896
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Cooking for a full Bar-- Opening with Bacon Cheese Burger Poppers, Chorizo and Cream Cheese Poppers, Steak and Cream Cheese Poppers---Chicken wings stuffed with Italian Sausage Stuffing--12  Racks of ribs with Sweet Mesquite 8 Tri Tip Santa Maria Style and a boatload of Chicken Thighs
    WOWSER! Better get started! BTW how do you stuff chicken wings with Italian sausage?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    My biggest criteria is going to be whatever I decide on will be finished and being kept warm at least an hour prior to kick off..I will be seated in my Lazy Boy with a cold one..I don't want any pressure.. GO PANTHERS !!!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    jabam said:
    RRP said:
    Panthers will cover with ease. Denver defense is good but panthers have too many weapons. Cam Newton is just too good. And I don't say that about many athletes. Rare talent. If he didn't celebrate like an idiot I would love him. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,766
    edited February 2016
    Options
    RRP said:
    lkapigian said:
    WOWSER! Better get started! BTW how do you stuff chicken wings with Italian sausage?

@rrp I use stove top and Italian sausage ( precooked) , debone the entire wing and stuff

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • jabam
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    jabam said:
    RRP said:
    Panthers will cover with ease. Denver defense is good but panthers have too many weapons. Cam Newton is just too good. And I don't say that about many athletes. Rare talent. If he didn't celebrate like an idiot I would love him. 
    I'm hoping for a closer game, I'm in about a dozen pools, couple of them pretty high dollar, so I'll be rooting for scores!!  And I totally agree with your last sentence. 
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    jabam said:
    Chubbs said:
    jabam said:
    RRP said:
    I'm hoping for a closer game, I'm in about a dozen pools, couple of them pretty high dollar, so I'll be rooting for scores!!  And I totally agree with your last sentence. 
    I am going to respectfully disagree with what is being said about Cam Newton. While I can see that his on the field antics might be construed as over the top, he has created a real spirit amongst the spectators and fans here in Charlotte. Families are clambering to get seats behind the posts so as to have a chance to get a ball given to them by Cam.. Maybe I am a little biased but I don't find his celebrating as over the top, I enjoy it.. I hope we can pull it off.. "KEEP POUNDING"...GO PANTHERS..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited February 2016
    Options
    My contribution will be:

3 different types of pizza (gonna make mozz in advance for first time)
    ABTs
    3 different types of wings
    Berry Cobbler with homemade ice cream

Easy Breezy.  Not a rabid football fan, but I enjoy the cooking and the atmosphere. I'll watch with one eye, and cook / prep for a good chunk of the game.
    Phoenix 
  • annjamaican
    Options
    It's the SO's birthday so it will be a hybrid birthday-super bowl party and I have no appetizers on the menu. I keep changing it but the current plan for the Egg is cedar planked steelhead and a tri-tip, if I can find it. Served with homemade brioche buns, coleslaw, strawberry salad with guava vinaigrette and Texas sheet cake. If I'm feeling frisky, I'll whip up some vanilla ice cream.
    - Jamaican living in rural Western Washington
    - Got my first egg (XL) in October 2015
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    It's the SO's birthday so it will be a hybrid birthday-super bowl party and I have no appetizers on the menu. I keep changing it but the current plan for the Egg is cedar planked steelhead and a tri-tip, if I can find it. Served with homemade brioche buns, coleslaw, strawberry salad with guava vinaigrette and Texas sheet cake. If I'm feeling frisky, I'll whip up some vanilla ice cream.
    That sounds terrific.  I had fogotten the desert on my list.
    Phoenix 
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    I am making homemade sausage and brats (the meat will  be ground, spiced and cased tonight) and home ground burgers - 50% short rib and 50% chuck roast.  everyone else brings beer, and the sides so ill see if I can find some time to snap a few photos.
  • jabam
    Options
    @johnmitchell I can respect that. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Gonna KISS. Wings, drums and something or rather else as far as a side. Pretty much going with the finger food theme.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I'd like to say the only way to stop Cam Newton from dancing, Dabing, Superman, etc is to stop him!  Cam  Newton said it and so did @GATABITES and I'd agree tenfold. Looking forward to Broncos D in this task. Anticipating a great game. Go Broncos!!!
    And to be 100% clear I kinda like the guy because he's got mad skills. I could care less if he's black.
    I'll be looking for these gents to Dab on Cam Newton on Sunday while he lie flat on his back....
    Von Miller, Demarcus Ware, Malik Jackson, Shaquil Barrett, Shane Ray, Brandon Marshall, T.J. Ward, Derek Wolfe and a pic by Aqib Talib. Go Broncos!!!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    It's coming together.

I'm making:
    Brisket
    Bread
    Stuffed mushrooms

Things others are bringing:
    Brown butter chocolate chip cookies
    Wings
    Another dessert

There are still some holes I need to fill out.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • ButtNeckid
    Options
    Fried chicken livers tossed in Buffalo sauce
    8 layer dip- 7 layer with Seasoned Ground Beef as layer 8
    Conecuh pigs in a blanket
    Chicken fajitas
    shrimp dip stuffed shrooms wrapped in bacon
    spinach dip
    veggie tray
    beef rib fajitas
    Buttermilk pie
    butterfinger chocolate cake
    ice cream
    COPIOUS amounts of libations.
  • BrookieP
    BrookieP Posts: 135
    Options
    Egging - Pork butt, wings, maybe a brisket. 
    Cooking - Beans, deep fried tarter tots, queso dip, and a couple desserts. 

XL BGE & 36" Blackstone
    Instagram: BGEBrooke
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Buhriskut and fixin's
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Going to a neighborhood party and bringing, brats from a local German meat market, texas caviar, and corn casserole
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    18lb. Brisket here.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,055
    Options
    Thinking about doing a couple pounds of spicy shrimp in the wok. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Pulled pork and wings....   And a PANTHER win!!!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Thinking about doing a couple pounds of spicy shrimp in the wok. 
    Do tell....
    Jacksonville FL