Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

24 Hours of Brisket

Options
Packer briskets have been harder to find around me recently.  I saw some at the store the other day and the best was 16.5 lbs, way bigger than I need, and a little trickier for timing.  I usually run 285 or so and can get a 10-12 pounder done in < 8 hours.  An easy daytime cook.

I trimmed it and seasoned it Saturday afternoon, and started the egg at 5 PM.  Brisket went on when I got home at 11 PM last night, at 240.  It was almost done at 11 AM today.  For the heck of it, instead of FTC, I left it in the egg, cooling slowly, and pulled it out when we were almost ready to eat.    It could have used a bit more seasoning for my taste, but overall I was happy with the consistency and the bark.

Wife made a really good salad.  Also grilled some pineapple.  I got my Dizzy Pig sampler and tried some pineapple head on some of the pineapple, which was delicious. The slice of brisket looks ridiculous next to the half ring of pineapple... it was one damn big hunk of brisket!

Have a great week all

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle

Comments